So I'm searching through the blackberry app world like I usually do and I come across an app called My Business App. Great app that allows you to really run your business on the playbook WITHOUT the use of a laptop or phone. It offers customer database tools, creates invoices, track overhead expenses, payroll management and even exports weekly/monthly reports in pdf format. For those of you who are like me that bought a playbook to run your business, this is definitely worth taking a look.
    Attached Thumbnails Great new app on playbook!-1_login.jpg   Great new app on playbook!-10_main_menu_1.jpg  
    12-26-12 12:55 AM
    yes ut looks good indeed

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-26-12 02:07 AM
    Maybe we could convince the dev to join CrackBerry and tell us more about the app?

Like maybe a website with more information, videos, etc sine the app is $9, no trial or free version, and has zero reviews.

Wonder how to reach the dev . . . not a bad looking UI.
    citystars41 and Skateman1972 like this.
    12-26-12 02:12 AM
    found the website here: Home - My Business, it has a couple videos and contact page.
    goodbery likes this.
    12-26-12 06:00 AM
    Maybe it's my end but once at the website I can't get the video page to load any different than the home page, will try again in couple of days. Anybody else have a diff experience. Note I linked up using my Playbook, not that it should make a diff??
    found the website here: Home - My Business, it has a couple videos and contact page.
    12-26-12 11:05 PM
    Maybe it's my end but once at the website I can't get the video page to load any different than the home page, will try again in couple of days. Anybody else have a diff experience. Note I linked up using my Playbook, not that it should make a diff??
    Working for me on the playbook, maybe clear cache and local storage.
    12-26-12 11:27 PM
    At the end of the video he mentions a web site.
    The web site is runmybiz.com.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.b2U

This is a web site with much larger content and bigger (more expensive ) services that I am still trying to navigate.
    12-26-12 11:34 PM
    At the end of the video he mentions a web site.
    The web site is runmybiz.com.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.b2U

This is a web site with much larger content and bigger (more expensive ) services that I am still trying to navigate.
    That's not it, the support link in app world says [email protected] (two Z's) and if you go to runmybizz.com Home - My Business it has the link to the app in app world.

I sent them a message asking for more details about the backup/restore/export options for transferring data, and pointing them to this thread.
    12-26-12 11:57 PM
    Well you beat me to making the correction. Amazing that such a close copy would be allowed. Wonder if runmybizzz.com is taken. Do you suppose that Apple has Appleee.com registered? Or Appleease.com?
    12-27-12 12:29 AM
  10. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    Guessing the OP is the developer....
    No matter though, if so keep up the good work.
    12-27-12 02:52 PM
    Guessing the OP is the developer....
    No matter though, if so keep up the good work.
    This. What I meant in my post above . . . I love how the OP "found" the app and the website.

Hey jdpub: you are welcome to come here as a dev and make a post "Hey CrackBerry - this is my new app, check it out!" You will likely be thanked, supported, questioned, advised, etc. Looks to me to be a pretty well done app, professional interface, etc. Please, though, if you are the dev (J.D. Publishing House) just tell us.
    12-27-12 03:37 PM
    Hmm, very interesting app. If it works I don't really care if the OP is the dev. Thanks for sharing.
    jdpub likes this.
    12-27-12 04:15 PM
    Looks like a nice app. I am always cautious when someone finds a new app and only has 1 or 2 posts here in the forums. Sorry that's just me.
    12-27-12 06:36 PM
    Hey guys, sorry about the confusion, please allow me to clarify. I am the developer however, I developed the app after purchasing the playbook 3 months ago. I was torn between the playbook and Samsung's tablet. I eventually choose the playbook for my business however, I was disappointed by the poor selection of business apps in app world. Instead of jumping ship, I decided to develop an app that can be a standalone resource for business owners. I pulled a team together and created this application to meet the needs of my business and the needs of other business owners. I apologize for misleading anyone however, the truth of the matter is that this app works exactly as mention and the level of quality behind it can be compared to any apple or android business tool. For those interested, here are some links to the website and videos;
    1 Home - My Business (website) please ensure that java and flash is enabled and everything should work
    2 videos: Runmybizz - YouTube
    12-27-12 06:41 PM
    Thanks for coming forward jdpub. In the videos it talks about being great for companies starting out, and that was my reason for enquiring about import/export/backup. It seems like it will be a good fit for me but I want to make sure the data isn't locked into your app. A
    couple of examples 1) If I'm working for a customer and I need to transfer time data and expenses into their format then being able to export using csv or similar would allow that flexibility. 2) Preparing accounts and i need to extract data to provide accountant in a standard package such as quicken.
    12-27-12 07:14 PM
    From what it sounds like I think it would be a perfect fit for you. I use Quickbooks pro and need the app due the its mobility (playbook). Please understand that every aspect of the app can be exported in pdf. Having said that you can easily convert pdf to excel and once in that format you can take the data And format it however you decide. With that in mind, a third party sites can handle the conversion for free. Try using it with your current pdf files, if that doesn't work, I'll have a tutorial up by next week.
    12-27-12 08:49 PM
    Definitely understand, check out the tutorials. I will be posting more videos, base your decision on the video's. You may be surprised.
    12-27-12 09:14 PM
    Good stuff JD! Was teasing you out in earlier posts, just a little good natured ribbing.

Seriously, you are off to a great start with this app. Really good work on appearance/UI. Complete thoughtfulness on what's needed for both now and later. Although it isn't an app I need, I would like to see more apps done this well. I will recommend and link to this thread / your app any chance I get.

You mentioned pulling others in on developing with you. Are you open to some suggestions for other apps/needs of PlayBook users?

P.S. Advertise yourself as Developer of MyBusinessApp in your signature with links to your site and to BlackBerry World / AppWorld!
    12-27-12 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the advice, and yes always open to ideas for other apps.
    12-28-12 01:46 AM
    You have it ready to roll for BB10?
    12-28-12 02:09 AM
    Will this app work from my 9900 as well? That is what I loved about invoice2go, I can send invoices on site and be done from my iphone and/or android. I know I can just tether but I have to pay an extra $20 for the mobile hotspot thingy...
    12-28-12 02:27 AM
    Yes, it will be ready for bb10, as I understand both phones and tablets will operate on the bb10 operating system. So once you upgrade the phone you should be good to go.
    12-28-12 09:44 PM
    Yes, it will be ready for bb10, as I understand both phones and tablets will operate on the bb10 operating system. So once you upgrade the phone you should be good to go.
    We have been told that Playbooks will get bb10 at some point after the launch of new bb10 phones. Existing os5, os6, os7 phones are not upgradeable to bb10.
    12-28-12 09:53 PM
    JD - I need a good rental inventory/tracking app. I sell a specialized line of industrial pipe fittings and some clients buy our installation tools while others rent only when needed. Think of a General Rental Center, or A-PLUS RENTAL - equipment type rental places. You might rent a pneumatic chipping hammer and a compressor, and also record what bits are given with the hammer. My set-up is similar. Need to be able to create tool/item fleet by serial number (pickable from list after created), on rent date (delivered to/signed for by) (causes location of items to change to clients facility) , off rent date (received/picked up by) (tool condition at receipt) (location updated to "on the shelf/back in stock"), calculate rental term (day,week, month, other), reporting of where all items are at any given time (full inventory), what's on rent and where (on rent inventory ), available for rent inventory. That's the basics of the idea.

Would love to have a desktop/BB10 synced version. I have thought about buying MS Access and doing my own desktop version. Used to build some pretty detailed relational databases back in the Marine Corps to track my unit gear because nothing existed (early 90's using Lotus' version of relational database)

Smaller operation I am apart of spanning 6 or 7 states, with 4 or 5 man team now relies on the inside sales guy to keep copies of rental shipping docs in a basket on his desk for tracking. Poor to say the least. If nothing else, I could use PlayBook app for my state / tools.
    12-28-12 10:59 PM
    Let me look into it, and I will get back with you.
    12-29-12 10:43 AM
44 12