- CrackBerry Genius
01-04-2013, 02:27 PM #2
- 2,061 Posts
GPS fix on PB can take a while. You can try berry tester and gps master for free in app world. Should give you a better result. I find the first GPS fix on a new PB can be frustrating.
The paid app What's UP(a must have app for all PB's) has a gps location function and seems to work better for locking onto my location better than any other app. I also use Poynt (free) and it will locate gps.
Play around and have fun but remember the GPS function of the PB is not as good as it probably should be.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-05-2013, 10:46 AM #4
- 338 Posts
I'm thinkin' Bing is just a bit odd. Did you notice when you start the program the blue compass at top right flashes for a bit then goes greyed out blue. Once the flashing stops, pull down the top menu and tap for restaurants or drinks or ?? and see if it gives results for your local.
- By bluetroll in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 7Last Post: 08-22-2012, 10:36 AM
- By jcreazy in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 08-13-2009, 10:57 AM
- By jcreazy in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 12Last Post: 08-13-2009, 10:57 AM
- By DarkBeer in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 07-17-2009, 05:18 PM
- By DarkBeer in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-17-2009, 05:18 PM