got my PB 64gb thru Office Depot inter-store transfer yesterday @ the buck & a 1/2 price,,, did the back-order thing for abt a week & realized that's not happening,,, if you know anyone on back-order, tell 'em it ain't happenin', OD has discontinued carrying them,,, i like to say i got the last one, there may be a few left thru them, but only a few,,, so as far as i know, the cheapest i've seen is around $220 on amazon & there seems to be plenty,,, as w/ any new gadget, it has certainly stirred my inner geek & brought on that new gadget buzz,,, got some peripherals on the way thru amazon,,, ballistic case, hdmi cable, usb adapter to make use of zip/thumb drives, & rapid charge stand,,, all are cheapest thru them,,, so far it seems like a cool li'l device,,, i'm lookin' forward to being somewhere the other wifi tabs can't connect but my bridged pb can,,, i'd have to say that the biggest irritation so far HAS to be that Crackberrys' mobile connections suck,,, harsh but true,,, it's paaaaiiinfully slooow to load,,, most other pages snap to nicely,,, considering they are BB's flagship fansite, i think that's beyond ironic,,, this site should EXPLODE on a mobile platform!!! Crackberry, get it together!!! C'monnn Maaan!!!
    p.s. i should include a big atta boy to all the Office Depot ppl i delt with,,, they were very accomodating & helpful both on the phone & @ the store...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-02-12 at 07:58 AM.
    12-01-12 09:00 PM
    If you turn off javascript in the browser options cb will load much faster.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-01-12 09:35 PM
    I haven't been in here in a looong time, and am now noticing the new layout. looks pretty good...Also if you don't know, there is a crackberry forum app for the playbook that you might find useful; it cuts out all the java, html, flash stuff.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-01-12 09:44 PM
    I haven't been in here in a looong time, and am now noticing the new layout. looks pretty good...Also if you don't know, there is a crackberry forum app for the playbook that you might find useful; it cuts out all the java, html, flash stuff.
    During the almost two years of using the BlackBerry PlayBook on a daily basis including heavy-use of the native web browser without incident since the release of BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0. I typically clear the web browser caches bi-weekly.
    12-01-12 10:06 PM
    Runs fast on my playbook, and never have an issue. It's not always a sites fault and could be your wifi connection itself..

That being said they will have a BB10 app soon Right Kevin
    finkle56 and CrackBerry Kevin like this.
    12-01-12 10:17 PM
    Runs fast on my playbook, and never have an issue. It's not always a sites fault and could be your wifi connection itself..

i'm bridged while this happens,,, most other sites load up in snappy fashion...
    12-02-12 03:23 AM
    based on the reviews it's a 50/50 deal,,, i'm not ready to install any android stuff yet,,, i wanna max out w/ BBPB specific apps b4 i start going there,,, thanks tho...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-02-12 at 06:07 AM.
    12-02-12 03:36 AM

Still waiting on you to provide the source for 16gb class 10 sd cards at $1 each!!!
    12-02-12 04:22 AM
    Still waiting on you to provide the source for 16gb class 10 sd cards at $1 each!!!
    huh??? wow,,, are you lost???
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-02-12 at 07:11 AM.
    12-02-12 06:09 AM
    If you turn off javascript in the browser options cb will load much faster.
    Although true, CB is one of THE slowest loading websites that I frequent. And disabling java doesn't allow me to fully interact on one of my favorite (home away from home) site for all things BlackBerry. I usually click on it and then do other stuff while it fully loads. I guess it's just a rock in my shoe that I've learned to walk with to get to where I want to be.
    12-02-12 07:36 AM
    Although true, CB is one of THE slowest loading websites that I frequent. And disabling java doesn't allow me to fully interact on one of my favorite (home away from home) site for all things BlackBerry. I usually click on it and then do other stuff while it fully loads. I guess it's just a rock in my shoe that I've learned to walk with to get to where I want to be.
    damn rocks...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-02-12 07:59 AM
    usb adapter to make use of zip/thumb drives
    This won't work on the playbook at the moment, USB OTG is rumoured to be in BB10, and in fact xsacha got it working with a BB10 build on playbook according to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-751998/
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-02-12 08:22 AM
    This won't work on the playbook at the moment, USB OTG is rumoured to be in BB10, and in fact xsacha got it working with a BB10 build on playbook according to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-751998/
    so files can't be transferred/run from usb via memory stick??? i.e. pics, music, games...
    12-02-12 08:40 AM
    so files can't be transferred/run from usb via memory stick??? i.e. pics, music, games...
    Afraid not, you can copy and paste from a computer as your playbook will show up as a drive (usually z or using desktop manager. Another way is to sign up for cloud service. There are a few file management programs in app world for the playbook, files and folders is among the best and works with many cloud services, and also some android ones you can side load. See the files and folders v6 thread for a description of all the things it can do.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-02-12 08:55 AM
    Afraid not, you can copy and paste from a computer as your playbook will show up as a drive (usually z or using desktop manager. Another way is to sign up for cloud service. There are a few file management programs in app world for the playbook, files and folders is among the best and works with many cloud services, and also some android ones you can side load. See the files and folders v6 thread for a description of all the things it can do.
    oh well,,, @ least i'll get a cool li'l adapter to add to my gadget collection,,, i think it only cost .69�,,, i'm sure i'll find a use for it somehow...
    12-02-12 01:03 PM
    oh well,,, @ least i'll get a cool li'l adapter to add to my gadget collection,,, i think it only cost .69�,,, i'm sure i'll find a use for it somehow...
    I have thought about getting one, too. Just for when/if Rim actually enables usb-otg.
    12-02-12 02:21 PM
    Yep, BlackBerry 10 app is in the works, as is our site redesign... I've three main goals for our relaunch on the site... "make it work great across all platforms (full computer, tablet, mobile), make it fun, and make it load fast!

Stay tuned. Gonna be hawwwwwt.

Kevin
    12-03-12 07:14 PM
    Yep, BlackBerry 10 app is in the works, as is our site redesign... I've three main goals for our relaunch on the site... "make it work great across all platforms (full computer, tablet, mobile), make it fun, and make it load fast!

Kevin
    Whoa! Those are words that only you can back up sir! This is a fickle crowd out here and the whiners, trolls and (ugh) haters are salivating now that "The Man" has spoke. I personally can't wait for what's to come and I'll be here come or high water.
    12-03-12 07:35 PM

Kevin

VERY cool,,, thanks 4 stoppin' by & gettin' the word out,,, great 2 see you're on the ball & taking action on the feedback,,, ,,, if you need a tester, i've got nothin' but time on my hands these days,,, have a good night...
    12-03-12 08:29 PM
    Whoa! Those are words that only you can back up sir! This is a fickle crowd out here and the whiners, trolls and (ugh) haters are salivating now that "The Man" has spoke. I personally can't wait for what's to come and I'll be here come or high water.
    hope you're not referring to me in any of those groups,,, i call 'em like i see 'em & tell it like it is, whether it's what you want to hear or not, even if it may come across as a little edgy,,, i ain't no "yes man"...
    12-03-12 08:35 PM