I bought a new HP notebook PC a couple of days ago, and whadya know? It has an "HP Movie Store, Powered by Roxio" installed. So, I'm guessing this is what we are getting in OS2. Lots of movies to buy or rent. Good selection. It's going to be a nice addition to our PlayBooks, I think.
    02-12-12 08:15 PM
    a movie store yes. hp's movie store powered by roxio, thankfully no.
    02-12-12 08:27 PM
    I seriously doubt that is what will be on the Playbook. That is an exclusive branded arrangement between HP and Roxio that has existed for more than a year. It is really just the Best Buy CinemaNow service, also hosted with Roxio. Personally, I have found it to be at best middling, and that various other services offer better prices and selection. Actually, I wouldn't bet on any of the Roxio entertainment services lasting much longer since they were just acquired by Corel.
    02-12-12 08:34 PM
    I thought it was Rovi.
    02-12-12 08:44 PM
    I thought it was Rovi.
    yep, folks confusing between them two.
    02-12-12 08:50 PM
    just went to rovi site and watched a trailer, first thing i noticed is when it was loading it looked like the spinning green circle from the playbook! coincidence? maybe not . screen shot attached
    Last edited by anthonybaker; 02-12-12 at 09:20 PM.
    02-12-12 09:16 PM
    Rovi owned the Roxio brand which was just sold to Corel. RoxioNow, part of that brand, is the host service for CinemaNow (owned by Best Buy) and the HP Movie store that is actually CinemaNow. Rovi bought Sonic Solutions and then just sold off the parts to Corel.
    02-12-12 09:48 PM
    Well, Okey dokey, then. I was wrong.
    02-12-12 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD