Holy crap I didn't even know I could do this with the playbook..I hooked up my playbook to my tv and wow it enlarged everything on the tv..I had this tablet since it came out..and didn't even know I could do this..it was amazing that I can see all my pics and videos,emails,youtube,even BBM.I opened the vevo app and could watch music videos.I can say I learn new things about this tablet everyday..had a lot of friends over and they were very impressed..I'm very happy with my playbook .
    Last edited by rukdngme; 09-04-11 at 09:11 AM.
    09-04-11 09:08 AM
    That's a cool feature. I want my next phone to be able to do that with HDMI out so I can steam Netflix to my phone and watch on TV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 09:09 AM
    It's quite an experience! Isn't it? When you save up some extra money, think about getting a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and use the PlayBook while connected to your TV via HDMI and you'll get another experience of a different dimension!
    09-04-11 11:13 AM
    I wish my lenovo mini n5901 was a bluetooth device!
    but a similar device should be very good solution
    09-04-11 11:25 AM
    I resently broke down and purchased a HDMI cable and a BT keyboard and, yes - WOW is right. It adds so much more to the PlayBook. Well worth the investment.
    Now I just need a good BT mouse and I will be set. If you don't have a HDMI cable you should get one.
    09-04-11 11:30 AM
    last night watched a movie with the wife via the epix app... then played a game of doodle lanes... all through HDMI.
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    09-04-11 11:40 AM
    You should try playing NFS through HDMI.
    09-04-11 12:43 PM
    is there anyone here have PS3 bluetooth remote if so could you pls check if they pair with PB...
    cheers
    09-04-11 03:54 PM
    hmm but similar bluetooth remote could be the key for perfect multimedia centre experience
    thanx
    09-04-11 04:28 PM
    Holy crap I didn't even know I could do this with the playbook..I hooked up my playbook to my tv and wow it enlarged everything on the tv..I had this tablet since it came out..and didn't even know I could do this..it was amazing that I can see all my pics and videos,emails,youtube,even BBM.I opened the vevo app and could watch music videos.I can say I learn new things about this tablet everyday..had a lot of friends over and they were very impressed..I'm very happy with my playbook .
    I bought a micro HDMI cable and microHDMI to HDMI adapter (to use with standard HDMI cable). No complain from then!
    When I first got my PB, I was disappointed since that cable isn't available inside the box, ok, perhaps that cable was expensive. And then I bought one for really cheap (around $8 and the adapter for only $4!) which is about 9 feet long. I mean, the Premium Folding Blade charger is a lot more expensive. I can understand when they won't giving away the Rapid Charger but a microHDMI cable? Come on..

Ok, perhaps giving away microHDMI won't fit in the box or perhaps RIM has another judgment to made.

My thought is just like this, when RIM want to do a re-launch for PB 2.0, or when they released the LTE/HSDPA+ version, they better bundled it or give it separately as a bonus. Why? So people can really understand the true power of this baby!
    09-04-11 05:53 PM
    Ive noticed when i hook the pb up to newer tv's, like less than a year old, it tends to stretch the screen just a bit too much to where some edges arent visible. anyone know what to do about this? Older tv's dont seem to have a problem.
    DirtySantos likes this.
    09-04-11 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD