Google vs. Bing on PlayBook
Just wondering if anyone else has a similar experience as this might be pretty unique or site specific
When I am on the PlayBook on the WiFi at work, whenever I perform a Google search, irregardless of the search topic, a black screen returns
to me with the message:
"Unknown network error. Failure when receiving data from peer. Try Again" If I try again and again, same result.
If I switch to Bing, I get results without any issues.
When I am at home on WiFi, I can use Google without any issues. I haven't really tried this on other WiFi at restaurants, coffee shops etc.
Does anyone have a possible explanation? I asked the company I.T. department and they didn't have any answers.
- 11-17-12, 05:12 AM #4
I've had that error and others that are similar. I would say that they are caused by a few things:
1. Incompatible WIFI. Depending on the network I'm on, I can get funky connection issues. If I can even connect at all. There's really no helping it. Some WIFI networks works with some devices, some don't. It's trial and error finding what you can connect to and it's dependant on the AP hardware.
2. WIFI N. I've heard some people have great success with N networks, while others haven't. I've only used my N network at home and I've had both great success and huge failure using the same network! My failures include not being able to connect to extremely high lag to connection timeouts. It's best just to use G networks IMO. I've had very few connection issues using G beyond setting the channel wrong.
3. Congestion. Depending on where you are, congestion might be an issue. With lots of devices using the same network, connection issues are bound to arise. At home, I've noticed that having less devices connected at the same time gives me a better connection for the ones I have connected. Obviously, that's something you can easily control at home. Good luck with that at your work. :P
Beyond what I just mentioned, I don't know what other issue you might have. I don't see the problem as being Google. Some sites can be spotty, but I've only experienced that on less well known sites. Hope this helps! Good luck!
- CrackBerry Newbie
11-18-12, 07:27 AM #5
- 3 Posts
Well, I'm not about loading now but about search results. I'm studying Leadership&Management, so I often need to find some information on the Internet and Google gives me much more useful ones than Bing, but I like Bing title page much more google
- 11-18-12, 01:37 PM #6
Google vs. Bing on PlayBook
Google is way better than bing. i love bing front page. google looks old fashion but google search is just perfect. i never have issues with google. regardless how playbook is connected wifi or tethering through bluetooth or mobile hot spot
Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
- 11-18-12, 01:44 PM #7
Maybe it's just mine but sometimes bing will not load on my home wifi it will load so far and stop, I usually then go to Google before I get an error message and sometimes I think more so on bridge, when typing in Google it will jump up show a few suggestions and then just go to an error page.
- CrackBerry User
11-19-12, 11:33 AM #12
- 65 Posts
Google's predictive search doesn't seem to work when I'm tethered. Works fine when I'm on my home WiFi. I believe it would be okay if I could turn off the predictive search and be allowed to complete the typing before Google goes off and does it's thing. Anyone know if this is possible as I've not found an ability to turn this off.
- By shacknews in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 07-14-12, 09:04 AM
- By varunsain in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 39Last Post: 06-22-12, 04:03 AM
- By sebastianlovestheplaybook in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-12, 11:18 PM
- By cjterminator in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 12Last Post: 10-09-11, 01:32 PM
- By shahriyar in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 12Last Post: 07-18-11, 10:36 AM