Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MountainProud
  1. robtanz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,086 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,087 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Google Talk on Playbook

    Don't know if anyone posted this yet:

    Google Talk
    http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/popout

    No voice or video but the chat works.

    Note that after you choose a contact the text field is at the bottom and you have to scroll down or zoom out to get to it.
    Thanked by 3:
    arlenritchie (05-20-2011),  dcburke789 (04-29-2011),  zynks (05-02-2012) 
  2. mayastig's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    interesting... im assuming this is all web based. do you get notifications when someone messages you?
  3. robtanz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,086 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,087 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Only within the browser
  4. gtuna's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    We're proud owners of these tablets; each has two hd cameras but still does not have even one app to voicechat or to videochat. (Torch is included in this sarcastic reality in Canada!)
  5. KurtisBertolami's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    717 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    iGoogle also works and you can use google chat
    BlackBerry 9700 T-Mobile 6.0.0.461

    BlackBerry PlayBook
  6. doug1010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    270 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gtuna View Post
    We're proud owners of these tablets; each has two hd cameras but still does not have even one app to voicechat or to videochat. (Torch is included in this sarcastic reality in Canada!)
    Can we not use this one?
    BlackBerry App World - Adobe® Connect™ Mobile
  7. saahilj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gtuna View Post
    We're proud owners of these tablets; each has two hd cameras but still does not have even one app to voicechat or to videochat. (Torch is included in this sarcastic reality in Canada!)
    BlackBerry Playbook has video chat pre-installed, but the other person must have a playbook as far as I know
  8. zynks's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saahilj View Post
    BlackBerry Playbook has video chat pre-installed, but the other person must have a playbook as far as I know
    ...which in my case adds up to one person - if I count myself
  9. umarmukhtar.surti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    New gtalk, Facebook and MSN Live messenger. Its called MyFunPeeps
  10. umarmukhtar.surti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Sorry forgot to add the download link :P

    Download Link for MyFunPeeps
  11. MountainProud's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    168 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarmukhtar.surti View Post
    New gtalk, Facebook and MSN Live messenger. Its called MyFunPeeps
    I can't see from the screen caps, but I have a question...

    When looking up the contacts, do I have to go to each chat app to see who has access to that chat program or can I pull up one central contact list that has something (icons, dropdown, whatever) by the contact name with what chat app they have access to?

    This is something I've been mulling over for a while. I would *love* one chat app that consolidates everything into one view and lets me pick how I want to contact people. If they contact me and I reply, just reply with whatever chat program they contacted me with...

    I *hate* having to have so many different apps / notifications just to stay in touch with people...drives me nuts.
  12. Dredvard's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robtanz View Post
    Don't know if anyone posted this yet:

    Google Talk
    http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/popout

    No voice or video but the chat works.

    Note that after you choose a contact the text field is at the bottom and you have to scroll down or zoom out to get to it.
    Does this link still work? Just get a blank pages when I try to click on the link.
  13. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    70,004 Posts
    Global Posts
    70,159 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredvard View Post
    Does this link still work? Just get a blank pages when I try to click on the link.
    Are you on wifi? If not that is what happens.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
  14. umarmukhtar.surti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #14  

    Default Are you talking about MyFunPeeps ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MountainProud View Post
    I can't see from the screen caps, but I have a question...

    When looking up the contacts, do I have to go to each chat app to see who has access to that chat program or can I pull up one central contact list that has something (icons, dropdown, whatever) by the contact name with what chat app they have access to?

    This is something I've been mulling over for a while. I would *love* one chat app that consolidates everything into one view and lets me pick how I want to contact people. If they contact me and I reply, just reply with whatever chat program they contacted me with...

    I *hate* having to have so many different apps / notifications just to stay in touch with people...drives me nuts.
    @MountainProud
    You want to say that you do not want icons to be displayed on the home screen and you should be able to see all the contacts (gtalk msn and facebook) on the home screen ?

    I am the developer of this application so I would like to know if thats what you want I can customize it for you.
  15. MountainProud's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    168 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Imagine having one chat program that connects to all others.

    In this program you have one contacts list, not one for gTalk, Facebook, BBM, .... just one that is linked to your actual contact list.

    Beside each contacts name is a series of icons that depict what chat applications that they subscribe to, for instance if I scroll down to my wife I would see a Facebook icon, GTalk icon, and Windows Messenger. In the bottom right of the icon is maybe a red / green light depicting if they are online or not.

    To chat with my wife, I click her name and the chat program that she is currently signed into pulls up (Using previous example, lets say that Facebook and GTalk get pulled up but not Windows messenger because she's not signed into Windows Messenger). I select the method for chatting with her and type my message.

    Vice-a-versa I get a chat from my brother using GTalk. In a consolidated list of applications his name pops up with a GTalk icon beside his name. To reply I just click the message and reply...no need to say which app I'm using because I'll just use the same one he pinged me with.

    I would think this would look slick. In my head on the BB10 device when clicking on the application you see your open conversations by default, a slide from right to left shows your contacts....
    matthewgreyling likes this.
  16. Hamp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    340 Posts
    Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    #16  
    "To each his own"
    Check out my shadowbox at: TogetherWeServed
    and join me at the largest exclusive military network of its type. PM me for an invite! Joining is free!
  17. MountainProud's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    168 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    i tried that on my phone, but every chat has it's own contact list...
  18. Dredvard's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Are you on wifi? If not that is what happens.
    Posted here immediately afterwards so I must have been. Just tried again before I posted this time too.
  19. saahilj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #19  

    Smile Developers I've got a solution!

    Download boat browser mini than go to Google talks website download the plug in and when you open the setup file it will say action not supported.

    Good luck hope it helps you make the plugin work.
    Thanks,
    Saahil Jaffer
  20. saahilj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MountainProud View Post
    Imagine having one chat program that connects to all others.

    In this program you have one contacts list, not one for gTalk, Facebook, BBM, .... just one that is linked to your actual contact list.

    Beside each contacts name is a series of icons that depict what chat applications that they subscribe to, for instance if I scroll down to my wife I would see a Facebook icon, GTalk icon, and Windows Messenger. In the bottom right of the icon is maybe a red / green light depicting if they are online or not.

    To chat with my wife, I click her name and the chat program that she is currently signed into pulls up (Using previous example, lets say that Facebook and GTalk get pulled up but not Windows messenger because she's not signed into Windows Messenger). I select the method for chatting with her and type my message.

    Vice-a-versa I get a chat from my brother using GTalk. In a consolidated list of applications his name pops up with a GTalk icon beside his name. To reply I just click the message and reply...no need to say which app I'm using because I'll just use the same one he pinged me with.

    I would think this would look slick. In my head on the BB10 device when clicking on the application you see your open conversations by default, a slide from right to left shows your contacts....
    You want so much use umarmukthar.surti's app you want almost impossible
  21. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    70,004 Posts
    Global Posts
    70,159 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Well besides bbm and not sure about the rest on a pc anyway yahoo messenger works with windows live and visa versa. There is imo.im and others that include most messengers.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
  22. altafbalouch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Dear All,
    I purchased blackberry playbook wifi keeping mind to use video chat to talk my friends and family on skype or oovoo. but nothing is working on playbook. I feel very sad to know it does not support any other video chat application except its own video chat, no cross platform video chat. then I understood why RIM brought down the prices of playbook to lowest level. I don't know when RIM introduces cross plate form video chat for playbook users..
  23. EricB1968's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    416 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    altafbalouch, You could use this AV by AOL - Let's video chat! to video chat with friends and family. So I've heard.
  24. #24  

    Default

    There is also Reelportal - which use to be free.
  25. #25  

    Default

    One composite word: FaceFlow.

    Create your account, forward your link, video chat away.

    Multiplatform app coming Q1/13 (BB10 included).
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

    Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

Posting Permissions