I had this happen a few times before but the problem went away. Today, I just can't use Google as I get this (see the screenshot below) for every letter/symbol I enter in the search bar.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Any ideas about how to fix it?

Last edited by kennyliu; 02-14-12 at 04:01 AM.
    02-14-12 03:48 AM
    Have you tried rebooting?
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-14-12 06:08 AM
    Thanks, but restarting didn't help.

So am I the only one?
    02-14-12 02:04 PM
    no you're not the only one. It's definitely an intermittent problem with me and also the 'bug' only lasts for a few minutes. I just simply sigh with exasperation and then head on over to Simple Browser.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-14-12 03:08 PM
    It works here. I just use the bookmark in the browser. Did you go right to the search or were you in another part of Google or logged into gmail? Since I am in Canada, the Google.com gets redirected to Google.ca. Perhaps it is a problem with the US site.
    02-14-12 03:22 PM
    It works here. I just use the bookmark in the browser. Did you go right to the search or were you in another part of Google or logged into gmail? Since I am in Canada, the Google.com gets redirected to Google.ca. Perhaps it is a problem with the US site.
    I also have a Google.com bookmark. I go straight to Google.com and it's currently pretty unusable. Waiting for either RIM or Google to fix the problem. Have to use Yahoo search for now.
    02-14-12 03:33 PM
    I also have a Google.com bookmark. I go straight to Google.com and it's currently pretty unusable. Waiting for either RIM or Google to fix the problem. Have to use Yahoo search for now.
    I bet it is in the animated graphic. On my page, it is above the search box and there is a play button in the box of chocolates she is holding. Pressing Play plays a Valentines Day video.

Since your page shows the graphic beside the search box, it looks like something didn't parse right on the page, ie didn't get the whole graphic loaded and to the line feed. Are you on the beta by any chance?

Here is what I get, same as on Firefox on my Mac.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/24992..._politics.html
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-14-12 at 03:42 PM.
    02-14-12 03:39 PM
    The past few days Google has been acting strange for me. Today I get no graphic but as soon as I type anything it flashes to a different screen then back to the homepage with animation. After that it works.
    02-14-12 03:59 PM
    The past few days Google has been acting strange for me. Today I get no graphic but as soon as I type anything it flashes to a different screen then back to the homepage with animation. After that it works.
    It's their new privacy policy - it's photographing everything within range of your monitor or computer. They will apologize after the fact about capturing stuff that was not intended to be captured but keep it nonetheless!
    kennyliu and BlueRocks like this.
    02-14-12 05:09 PM
    You don't need Google search. Set Google as your default search engine in the browser and then when you use the built-in "Universal Search" simply scroll down and hit Google. You can do the voice tutorial too.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-14-12 06:38 PM
    It's their new privacy policy - it's photographing everything within range of your monitor or computer. They will apologize after the fact about capturing stuff that was not intended to be captured but keep it nonetheless!
    In that case I should move the grow operation and put on pants. Thanks for the heads up.
    00stryder likes this.
    02-14-12 07:04 PM
    In that case I should move the grow operation and put on pants. Thanks for the heads up.
    It is too late - much too late. (averting eyes)
    02-14-12 07:13 PM
    hehe funny story F2, but what's not funny is you're probably not far off :/

I was a little hard at first, but I'm totally off google now I find bing has been working great
    02-14-12 07:14 PM
    Yeah, I heard they are working together with Apple to brainwash you to turn you into an Android or I-zombie
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-14-12 07:15 PM
    lol izombie i hope that one sticks
    Carbonetics likes this.
    02-14-12 08:39 PM
    Try using google.ca instead. See if the problem goes away.
    02-14-12 08:41 PM
    Saying that I don't have any issues probably won't help you, huh? But I don't have any issue. Sorry....

But what may help out is saying how it it set up, and see if anything is different.
    -I am using the US google.com (not google.ca).

-I am using the bookmark that came default (blank icon, never shows a screenshot or even a Google icon like Bing/Yahoo/eBay did with their respective icons/logos).

-I have the most recent Beta OS 2

-*I use iGoogle. (This has me set my background to a picture, and so I don't have animations or whatever Google theme of the day is.)

Also, could there be an app screwing it up? Honestly, I don't know if that is possible. I do know that yesterday I downloaded an app and then that caused Facebook and App World to close. Neither would open for more than a second (Error 9) before closing, and the same was true for the app I downloaded. I restarted and all is fine, but it appeared an app effected other apps (didn't effect the Browser app strangely enough). Could have been a coincidence too for all I know.
    02-14-12 08:45 PM
    I think google had a virus. When I opened IE (which I usually use firefox) MSE found a virus and cleaned it. I closed IE, reopen and got a repeat.

Maybe coincidence. Finally got it to stop by deleting the windows/temp files and then running ccleaner. Also ran malwarebytes and superantispyware after and neither found anything.
    02-14-12 08:47 PM
    I think google had a virus. When I opened IE (which I usually use firefox) MSE found a virus and cleaned it. I closed IE, reopen and got a repeat.

Maybe coincidence. Finally got it to stop by deleting the windows/temp files and then running ccleaner. Also ran malwarebytes and superantispyware after and neither found anything.
    I didn't think Google would get a virus, but if it did... let the ****storm begin. It will be all over the news tomorrow. I think it is more of a coincidence, but if it isn't, if Google isn't safe, then how about their open Android? RIM PR, if it is true, then here is your opening!
    fanatical likes this.
    02-14-12 08:56 PM
    Saying that I don't have any issues probably won't help you, huh? But I don't have any issue. Sorry....

But what may help out is saying how it it set up, and see if anything is different.
    -I am using the US google.com (not google.ca).

-I am using the bookmark that came default (blank icon, never shows a screenshot or even a Google icon like Bing/Yahoo/eBay did with their respective icons/logos).

-I have the most recent Beta OS 2

-*I use iGoogle. (This has me set my background to a picture, and so I don't have animations or whatever Google theme of the day is.)

Also, could there be an app screwing it up? Honestly, I don't know if that is possible. I do know that yesterday I downloaded an app and then that caused Facebook and App World to close. Neither would open for more than a second (Error 9) before closing, and the same was true for the app I downloaded. I restarted and all is fine, but it appeared an app effected other apps (didn't effect the Browser app strangely enough). Could have been a coincidence too for all I know.
    - I am having problems with google.com
    - I am using the bookmark I myself created.
    - I on the stable 1.0.8
    - I am not using iGoogle (logged out).
    - I have flash disabled and Javascript enabled.
    - I don't have many apps installed and definitely didn't install anything new lately.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-14-12 at 09:03 PM.
    02-14-12 09:01 PM
    - I am having problems with google.com
    - I am using the bookmark I myself created.
    - I on the stable 1.0.8
    - I am not using iGoogle (logged out).
    - I have flash disabled and Javascript enabled.
    - I don't have many apps installed and definitely didn't install anything new lately.
    I logged out of iGoogle, disabled the flash, and enabled the Javascript and didn't run into any issues. I wish I was more knowledgable and able to help. Does clearing the cache help at all? if not, then I just don't know
    02-14-12 09:18 PM
    Everything enabled, on the latest stable 1.0...don't have any problems. I've tried on igoogle and non-igoogle. Clear all of your caches, sign out, reboot, make a new shortcut.
    02-14-12 09:24 PM
    Everything enabled, on the latest stable 1.0...don't have any problems. I've tried on igoogle and non-igoogle. Clear all of your caches, sign out, reboot, make a new shortcut.
    Thanks. Tried everything many times before to no avail. I guess I will need to wait when google removes that animation.
    02-14-12 10:27 PM
    Why would you even need "Google Search" installed on your phone?

Last edited by olblueyez; 02-15-12 at 06:07 AM.
    02-15-12 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD