Does Google music work for anyone on the Playbook? When I try to do anything like play music I get the message "Couldn't open songs. Please try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 07:50 PM
    I tried (just 1 song) and everything worked okay for me.

It was a little bit hard to select a particular song though, the listings are rather small.

Steve
    Last edited by pixelbrain; 06-08-11 at 08:32 PM.
    06-08-11 08:29 PM
    What is google music? If it's in a format the playbook reads should be no problem.
    06-08-11 09:02 PM
    I do not think it is a format thing. I load the first page fine, but if I click on any link I get an error message in the top left of the page. It is always "Couldn't open X. Please try again" Where X is songs, albums, artists, genres or playlists. I do not think it is even trying to play a song.

I figured it did not work for anyone in the playbook browser. Than I saw a review where some one said it works for them.

I wonder why it could be different for me? I sent a couple reports to Google, but their 0 customer support policy, I do not think I will be hearing anything back.

06-08-11 09:45 PM
    I forgot to mention that I was using the built-in browser on the PlayBook.

Steve
    06-09-11 02:40 PM
    Works a charm for me!
    06-09-11 02:42 PM
    my endless frustration no matter what I press I get an error. Only on my playbook works fine every where else.

06-09-11 07:36 PM
    So after doing a security wipe to get app world working again after the update, Google Music started working!!!!

06-10-11 06:17 AM
    i am having the same issue(can not open song, album, etc)

is it possible it is because i am currently uploading from my comp?

my 9800 works fine(though the interface is def choppy)... this is the first problem i have had visiting any webpage from the playbook. any ideas?

i will update when the upload to googmusic is complete if it works
    06-15-11 10:51 AM
    It's very buggy on my side.. First time launching the music player, it said I needed to refresh my browser or/and make sure flash is enabled. After a few times of refreshing, it works. I also see black lines across by brower from time to time when I use this.
    06-16-11 02:20 PM
    works almost flawlessly for me on the first time i loaded it
    Last edited by MrT1ki; 06-16-11 at 04:20 PM.
    06-16-11 04:07 PM
    I get the following error often when using this. That's why they call it beta!
    Last edited by adocorp; 06-17-11 at 11:22 AM.
    06-17-11 02:32 AM
    I'm having the same problem.. The home page loads perfectly but when I click any link, including music, I get the error "Couldn't open X. Please try again" Am I really going to have to do a security wipe just to get it to play? I don't even think I'm going to use google music much.. Just can't stand letting an error go without figuring it out..

On the other hand, everything else is working perfectly on my playbook so I probably should leave well enough alone. Any other ideas? Maybe clearing the cache or something like that in the browser.. I can't figure out what else would be different after a wipe.
    06-17-11 04:58 PM
    Try turning off the Pop Up Blocker. I know it sounds weird, because there's really not a pop-up but I think that's the change that got mine working. I've seen it on a few other sites.
    06-17-11 05:02 PM
    Try turning off the Pop Up Blocker. I know it sounds weird, because there's really not a pop-up but I think that's the change that got mine working. I've seen it on a few other sites.
    Still the same.. "Couldn't open X. Please try again" So frustrating, although now I understand how tough the last couple months have been on the people having problems with their playbooks. I know i'm one of the lucky ones & should let this go but I just can't! Must make music play!

How tough is the complete wipe/reinstall? Does the backup always work or is that tricky as well? I couldn't imagine having to redownload, organize, bookmark and set preferences all over again if something went wrong.
    Roscopcoletrain likes this.
    06-17-11 05:09 PM
    I was getting that error but I am able to use GMusic now without a wipe.

The other thing I did was to clear all in the PB browser and make sure that GMusic isn't open on a computer anywhere and then started fresh. I thought it was cool that GMusic used my existing login to GMail on the pb to authenticate me but I think it created a conflict or something. I also had GMusic open on my laptop at first and after I had tried with the PB and then went back to the laptop, the was a message that said it had logged me off because you can only use it from one place at a time. Maybe that's what the pb browser is trying to say but can't?
    06-17-11 05:40 PM
    someone also made an app that works with the gmusic site. It's not in AppWorld yet but is really easy to sideload it. That also allows you to stream and browse and also keeps the pb from going into standby after 5.

Don't know if that would get around your problem or not.
    06-17-11 05:44 PM
    06-17-11 06:32 PM
    someone also made an app that works with the gmusic site. It's not in AppWorld yet but is really easy to sideload it. That also allows you to stream and browse and also keeps the pb from going into standby after 5.

Don't know if that would get around your problem or not.
    I'm going to try your first suggestion when I get home.. Either way I'll probably sideload that app too. Any idea where you saw it?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    06-17-11 06:35 PM
    Well the browser still won't work but the sideloaded app works great & now I could care less.. Listening to my tunes now. Thanks again!
    06-17-11 08:16 PM
    What's really funny is that I just tried to fire it up in my browser and got the error again in GMusic. The app is awesome and doesn't tie up the browser. I didn't even have to log in from the app again...
    06-17-11 08:21 PM
    What's really funny is that I just tried to fire it up in my browser and got the error again in GMusic. The app is awesome and doesn't tie up the browser. I didn't even have to log in from the app again...
    Absolutely lovin it! So do you know if I need to keep devel. mode on for the apps to run or can I kill that?
    06-17-11 08:35 PM
    I am getting the same error to refresh. I managed to get it to refresh one time, then it quit working again.
    08-08-11 05:04 PM
    Buy the Stay Lit app. Works great!
    11-19-11 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD