Anybody try this with the Playbook yet? It seems like the Playbook, with its front facing camera, would be perfect to use for Google + hangouts.

I find that the main Google + website goes pretty slow on the PB though, it would be great if they made an official app for it where you can use the camera for the hangouts.
    07-01-11 04:38 PM
    What is/are hangouts?
    07-01-11 04:55 PM
    07-01-11 04:59 PM
    This video explains it pretty well

07-01-11 05:00 PM
    It doesn't work. Google+ Hangout requires the Google Talk plugin to be installed in the browser. It isn't Flash based.
    07-01-11 05:26 PM
    It doesn't work. Google+ Hangout requires the Google Talk plugin to be installed in the browser. It isn't Flash based.
    That sucks, all the more reason for an official app.
    07-01-11 05:43 PM
    Google plus is huge now. The playbook should really be able to jump into hangouts (like many of the other tablets can). This really sucks, because it was a big part of me buying this tablet. I shake my head once again. Prove me wrong RIM. smh........
    12-01-11 06:34 PM
    doesnt work. not even on the ipad yet. but most likely they will get an app on all the markets that i just for the hangouts feature.
    12-01-11 08:22 PM
    Nobody uses G+ though. Its sad really but the features G+ bragged about were imitated, and better, by facebook just a couple weeks after it got out of beta, and Google has dine nothing but add games, and a much crappier selection at that.
    12-01-11 09:54 PM
    I actually prefer G+, it's simple, and not as much of a responsibility as Facebook is. So tired of Facebook.
    12-01-11 10:01 PM
    google hangouts are better than skype. getting hangouts on the playbook should be on the top of the list for rim. blackberry has a google+ page https://plus.google.com/104087449469741657054/posts I like google+ much more than facebook. Some of you guys much have been asleep during the past week. The news was all about Google. It came out with a lot of great stuff. New tablet app for Google+. New Google tablet looks great. Everyone is talking about the Google nexus 7. No one is talking about Playbook. RIM is so slow with updates and new hardware. When people see me with my Playbook they as me is it a Samsung Tab. Most people don't even know there is a Blackberry Tablet. RIM is not doing well and that is a fact. You should be able to do google hangouts on the PlaybooK. Hangouts are more important than Hulu and Netflix .
    07-01-12 09:37 PM
    How could this be? What do I need to do? Download flash?
    03-14-13 05:30 PM
    If you think nobody uses Google+, you've never used Google+.
    Creaulx likes this.
    05-22-13 10:58 AM
    Google + should replace Facebook, but once invested in an "ecosystem" inertia will often keep the Average Joe from taking the leap, same issue as with the new BB10 models. What's needed is a compelling media campaign, along the lines of an international "Leave Facebook for Good Day" and set a date. I would love to do it, but a lot of my friends aren't on G+.
    05-22-13 02:30 PM
    I just had Hangouts last week or so on my Android tab.

My PB remains safely used for mp3s. Not even trying or dreaming to get new stuff on it.
    05-22-13 03:12 PM
    If we get BB10 on the PlayBook (and by then it will be 10.2), we'll have a 4.1 Android Dalvik VM. That will most likely be able to handle a ported Google Hangouts app.

Here's to hoping.
    05-24-13 10:26 PM
    If we get BB10 on the PlayBook (and by then it will be 10.2), we'll have a 4.1 Android Dalvik VM. That will most likely be able to handle a ported Google Hangouts app.

Here's to hoping.
    well partially true the google hangouts along with other google apps are dependant of the google services framework alongside the android os.

even with the dalvik VM it will not work
    05-26-13 09:01 AM
    well partially true the google hangouts along with other google apps are dependant of the google services framework alongside the android os.

even with the dalvik VM it will not work
    By posted, I mean officially ported.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 04:07 PM
    By posted, I mean officially ported.

Posted via CB10
    it will never be ported, because while tye android runtime with 10.2 is being upped to 4.2.2 we will not get google services framework witch is required to run google + hangouts
    05-28-13 04:20 PM
    Anybody try this with the Playbook yet?http://www.glpp.info/hu5i.jpg
    dead photo upload
    05-29-13 06:57 AM
    Google Hangout is a crap as Google cuts the option to add non Gtalk users to your Gtalk user list. For the experts: You can't chat outside of Hangouts anymore as you could before, XMPP S2S is switched off by Google :-(
    05-29-13 07:16 AM
    I still find it to be an extremely fast, simple, and fully-featured suit. Let's be honest - who DOESN'T have a Google account? And is it that awful to get one?

Not to mention that it has some awesome functionality in the form of outside applications...
    06-05-13 03:22 AM
    it will never be ported, because while tye android runtime with 10.2 is being upped to 4.2.2 we will not get google services framework witch is required to run google + hangouts
    Tell me how is it we sideload Google Maps then. Because we do and it works and it IS a google service.
    06-05-13 02:39 PM
    Tell me how is it we sideload Google Maps then. Because we do and it works and it IS a google service.
    it is a google services yes but google obviously made it independant of.the google services framework knowing they make google maps available for ios as well as Android.

Silly google for thinking ahead eh shame on them shame on them.
    06-05-13 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD