well i was playing around today with my playbook and pc and files and folders. It appears that files & folders reconnects to google docs each time and stores nothing on the playbook. That would be a problem if you happen to be where there was no wifi however if you use a BB phone you could use bridge in the situation I suppose. Does anyone know if there is a update in the works for files & folders where it would save your google docs to the playbook once you logged in? Other wise I went ahead and save a few important files to my playbook just to be on the safe side.
    05-06-12 04:49 PM
    No idea about any update for it, but this is a problem with all the apps that link to any online service.
    I would love it if there was an auto sync app.

The only app i know that can access google docs directly is the converted android app of docs to go. It allows you to edit your google docs from within the app but it's not an ideal solution either.

I use dropbox and every time i modify a document i upload it with bluebox or files and folders which is not the ideal way of doing things but it's the best way i have found for what i need.

I just wish there was a better way.
    05-06-12 04:59 PM
    Box and SugarSync (thanks to Files & Folders).

Web for Google Drive works fine, but I am not putting anything important there now that google placed a "my file es su file" in the EUA.
    05-06-12 05:04 PM
    I wondered where that came from, what the was that file, were you able to open it and see what it was about.

I just wish google docs and skydrive worked in the browser but they are horrible to use.

I need an online document service that works on all platforms, but i am still looking.
    05-06-12 05:11 PM
    well i was playing around today with my playbook and pc and files and folders. It appears that files & folders reconnects to google docs each time and stores nothing on the playbook.
    It depends...

If you tap "Open online" Files & Folders will open the selected file in Google Docs via the browser.

If you tap "Download and open" it will download the selected file (and convert it on the fly, if needed) to the download folder specified in the Settings screen. Normally that's /accounts/1000/shared/download/Google Docs.

If you have a lot of files you'd like to make available offline, use the copy & paste function to copy them to your PlayBook. You can copy multiple files/folders and even whole folder trees in one go.
    05-11-12 09:04 PM
    SkyDrive support is in the works.
    Excellent. Files & Folders is an EPIC app. Love it.
    Innovatology likes this.
    05-11-12 11:16 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD