Folks, I am really hoping someone can help me out with this. The two sites that I use most for business are really struggling on the playbook.

Google Docs loads and allows editing BUT doesn't scroll any further than what you can see in the initial browser window. There is no way to scroll to the bottom of a spreadsheet. Very frustrating.

Second, we go to a secure site to see most of our reports. You have to login with username and pass. That is normal. However, on the PB, everytime I switch pages within that site, I have to reenter my login credentials.

These might not seem like big issues, but they are almost deal breakers to me. Can someone help?
    04-20-11 09:10 PM
    The Google Docs spreadsheets is def. a problem ... something messed up with how scrolling works and so effectively you're stuck with whatever first shows up in the browser window. A painful workaround is to go to List View, but then that's a real chore to edit each row.
    04-21-11 07:39 AM
    I'm not sure it's a Playbook issue per say. I have another android tablet and I always have issues scrolling with gmail (full version) and google docs. The solution for me is to magnify the screen a bit and then I can scroll.
    04-21-11 08:01 AM
    This is a big problem with the browser. I was surprised because PB browser handles bloglines very well which is a disaster on the ipad browser. I actually didn't check if word type files had the same issue on Gdocs but the spread sheet is not good right now.
    04-21-11 09:24 AM
    just a thought, i've once use a docs 2 go on other device (forget) it can sync cloud to google docs, maybe you can try that.
    04-21-11 11:04 AM
    I have experimented with this a little bit. It is obviously a problem that RIM will need to figure out, all that is needed is to figure out why the scroll bar on the right side is missing.

Here is a little bit of a workaround I have found. First of all, use portrait, it seems to work better. Second, zoom in or out, and much more of the spread sheet shows up. Finally, if you need to see the next page, highlight the last visible cell, swipe up the keyboard, press return twice and the swipe the keyboard away. You will now be looking at the next page down.

Hope this helps with the gdocs issue.
    04-21-11 11:37 AM
    I had an issue with google docs until I switched to desktop mode...problem is google makes it mobile view...you need to switch that. Should work from there. Let me know.
    04-21-11 11:42 AM
    Correct me if i am wrong, but when I open google docs on the playbook, it is already in desktop mode. This is a real killer for me as we have our work schedules hosted on google docs and i cannot easily view or update them now. Release an update or an app already!
    04-21-11 10:01 PM
    I have experimented with this a little bit. It is obviously a problem that RIM will need to figure out, all that is needed is to figure out why the scroll bar on the right side is missing.

Here is a little bit of a workaround I have found. First of all, use portrait, it seems to work better. Second, zoom in or out, and much more of the spread sheet shows up. Finally, if you need to see the next page, highlight the last visible cell, swipe up the keyboard, press return twice and the swipe the keyboard away. You will now be looking at the next page down.

Hope this helps with the gdocs issue.
    Thanks, the portrait mode certainly gives you the length of the page but i"m zooming and panning like a mad man to look at the data for a full year of monthly sales. Hopefully a fix is down the line so to speak.
    05-01-11 06:12 PM
    Hi,

Just a quick work around is that when you are in Desktop view, go to the view at the top of the menu and then select Full Screen. This will let you scroll down and edit well. The only thing is that it doesn't always exit well out of full screen mode, however, it does save it and then you can close the browser if you need to.

hope that helps.
    08-22-11 01:22 PM
    Folks, I am really hoping someone can help me out with this. The two sites that I use most for business are really struggling on the playbook.

Google Docs loads and allows editing BUT doesn't scroll any further than what you can see in the initial browser window. There is no way to scroll to the bottom of a spreadsheet. Very frustrating.

Second, we go to a secure site to see most of our reports. You have to login with username and pass. That is normal. However, on the PB, everytime I switch pages within that site, I have to reenter my login credentials.

These might not seem like big issues, but they are almost deal breakers to me. Can someone help?
    Did you ever come up with any resolution for this? I have the EXACT same issues. My company uses a secure website and I get redirected to log in every time i switch pages or click on a link within the site. We also utilize google docs extensively, and I haven't found any acceptable way to view large spreadsheets etc. HELP
    10-04-11 03:17 AM
    Yes, I would also require a work-around for this. I would LOVE to be able to properly view Google Document speadsheets on my Playbook!
    10-07-11 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD