i cant seem to add google calendar on playbook. can someone give me step by step instructions
    02-23-12 07:18 PM
    i cant seem to add google calendar on playbook. can someone give me step by step instructions
    Tap top right cog icon, select Accounts - Add New Account - Email, Calendar and Contacts.

Add your full gmail address and password, Continue - Save. At some point you'll need to confirm whether you want it to work for Email, Contacts or Calendar, or any combination of all three.

Should work!
    02-24-12 06:12 AM
    In my case, I was able to add all 4 gmail accounts and 1 hotmail account.

Here is the scenario:

Whenever I add a new calendar detail/appointment, it is automatically backed-up with google calendar and then almost instantaneously transferred and synced with my Playbook.

Question:

How do I set it up in such a way that it will also do the reverse or two-way, meaning, when I add a calendar detail/appointment on my Playbook, I want it to automatically go the my 9900 also.

Thanks in advance
    02-24-12 06:41 AM
    I too would like to know how to get Playbook & Gmail Calendar to sync both ways, my setup is only syncing Gmail entries into the Playbook. An new entry made in the Playbool native calendar does not sync in Gmail Calendar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    02-28-12 06:04 PM
    I've seen several suggestions but this is what worked for me. I have a Desktop iCalendar app on my PC, my 9930 and PB, which all sync together regardless of which device I enter the event on. On the PB, select the gear icon, choose accounts on the left, select add new account, select email, calendar and contacts, do not fill in the blank fields, but select advanced set up. Next select Gmail, here is where I filled in the blank fields. Under description I entered personal. You don't have to fill this field in. I left domain blank. Enter your username, which for me was my Gmail address sans the @gmail.com.
    Enter your Gmail address and password. I enabled SSL and Push. Hit continue and it's self explanatory from there. I have this calendar as my default calendar on my PB.

If you enter an event on your phone calendar, make sure it is the Gmail calendar you make the entry on. On your PB, make sure you are entering events on the Gmail account calendar, not the PB local calendar. To do this, select your calendar icon, after it opens, swipe down from the top for the dropdown menu, select your Gmail account calendar here. If I enter an event on my phone, it syncs to my PB and my calendar app on my PC. If I enter on the PB, it syncs to my phone and my PC, same for an entry on my PC, syncs to my phone and PB. Works well, but the sync to my phone takes a few minutes, sometimes as long as 20min, whereas my PC calendar and PB are synced within seconds. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-29-12 at 06:59 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-29-12 12:29 AM
    That sounds lovely!!
    Google sync keeps adding duplicates and it's driving me crazy!

2 questions:

Is that for a mac?
    do you have a download link?

I've searched it, but only come up with the wrong link.
    much appreciated.
    I'm even willing to purchase something at this point.

thanks again.

Edit: I think I found it.
    http://www.idesksolutions.com/events.php

Looks like it's a subscription, is it?
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 02-29-12 at 01:59 AM.
    02-29-12 01:56 AM
    That sounds lovely!!
    Google sync keeps adding duplicates and it's driving me crazy!

2 questions:

Is that for a mac?
    do you have a download link?

I've searched it, but only come up with the wrong link.
    much appreciated.
    I'm even willing to purchase something at this point.

thanks again.

Edit: I think I found it.
    iDesk Events Calendar | Paperless Health Clubs & Gyms Kiosk System | Digitize Your Forms & Stay Connected

Looks like it's a subscription, is it?
    No, its not a subscription and don't know about Mac, I'm PC. The lite version is free, but doesn't sync, just a stand alone desktop and task calendar. The purchased app is around $9 I think. I love it, especially the view and that it stays on my home screen.Desktop iCalendar - Internet Desktop Calendar
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-29-12 at 07:00 PM.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-29-12 01:24 PM
    No, its not a subscription and don't know about Mac, I'm PC. The lite version is free, but doesn't sync, just a stand alone desktop and task calendar. The purchased app is around $9 I think. I love it, especially the view and that it stays on my home screen.Desktop iCalendar - Internet Desktop Calendar
    Thanks so much.
    Appreciate the link and the PM.
    02-29-12 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD