My domain/e-mail David(at)DavidJAtkins.com is hosted on Google Apps (was free - now trying for Business version). Google's OTA (over the air) sync of calendar and contacts works well on my BlackBerry. But the PlayBook OS 2.0.0.7971 is not able to sync.

The PB account setup only offers the calendar/contacts sync option with Gmail ending in @Gmail vs @DavidJAtkins.com. But the only way I can receive e-mails on my PB is using the IMAP account settings.

I'm no longer using MS Outlook and am committed to cloud access.
    02-29-12 01:49 PM
    I believe you should be using "Google Sync" (i.e., ActiveSync) and not IMAP or POP.

| What is Google Sync? - Google Apps Help

Setup (in the advanced setup pane) should probably look like the setup for iPhone, Nokia & Windows Phone (but NOT BlackBerry phones nor Android phones). Google has instructions here:

| Google Sync for your phone

It is probably possible to set up separate but linked accounts for email (IMAP, which only does email), calendar (CalDAV), and contacts (CardDAV) -- but that would probably be more complicated.

What do I know ... don't have my PlayBook yet.
    02-29-12 04:29 PM
    I believe you should be using "Google Sync" (i.e., ActiveSync) and not IMAP or POP.

| What is Google Sync? - Google Apps Help

Setup (in the advanced setup pane) should probably look like the setup for iPhone, Nokia & Windows Phone (but NOT BlackBerry phones nor Android phones). Google has instructions here:

| Google Sync for your phone

It is probably possible to set up separate but linked accounts for email (IMAP, which only does email), calendar (CalDAV), and contacts (CardDAV) -- but that would probably be more complicated.

What do I know ... don't have my PlayBook yet.
    I believe you know quite a bit. Someone has been getting prepared.
    02-29-12 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD