This is farewell, so long, adieu!

My playbook toppled off a table, fell all of about a foot and the screen smashed.

Just as I was getting used to its many and frustrating flaws and inadequacies have I been freed, by accident, from this case of technological Stockholm syndrome.

Looking forwards it appears that BB are headed towards a keen edge with a similarly ultimate destination.

To the fanbois, good luck in the future, who knows where you'll end up? (maybe with a windows phone?)

To the rest of us, well we all knew it was coming didn't we?

And to RIM/BB - you did it to yourselves, arrogance is not befitting anyone let alone a mobile phone manufacturer, you should have listened to your existing customers, like all those folk that regrettably spent their money on your defunct and unloved tablet. Good Riddance.

as for me?

goto line 1
    blueberrymerry and ViBogdan like this.
    09-22-13 11:12 AM
    Fare thee well and adieu....
    nappp likes this.
    09-22-13 11:21 AM
    Good riddance I say! It won't be missed.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:25 AM
    This is farewell, so long, adieu!

My playbook toppled off a table, fell all of about a foot and the screen smashed.

Just as I was getting used to its many and frustrating flaws and inadequacies have I been freed, by accident, from this case of technological Stockholm syndrome.

Looking forwards it appears that BB are headed towards a keen edge with a similarly ultimate destination.

To the fanbois, good luck in the future, who knows where you'll end up? (maybe with a windows phone?)

To the rest of us, well we all knew it was coming didn't we?

And to RIM/BB - you did it to yourselves, arrogance is not befitting anyone let alone a mobile phone manufacturer, you should have listened to your existing customers, like all those folk that regrettably spent their money on your defunct and unloved tablet. Good Riddance.

as for me?

goto line 1
    Do you want to come on a cruise with me while your in mourning for your loss?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:30 AM
    He's just frustrated, as am I. I lucked into the combination of my Bold and PlayBook... a unique combination and for me, pretty close to perfect. I love the keyboard and trackpad on my phone and the simple elegance of my Playbook's UI. Such unrealized potential. So sad.
    09-22-13 11:52 AM
    Loving my 9900 and Playbook combo. On holiday with them now!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-23-13 03:41 AM
    from this case of technological Stockholm syndrome.
    Nicely put! I don't necessarily agree, but nicely put anyway...
    09-23-13 04:15 AM
    He's just frustrated, as am I. I lucked into the combination of my Bold and PlayBook... a unique combination and for me, pretty close to perfect. I love the keyboard and trackpad on my phone and the simple elegance of my Playbook's UI. Such unrealized potential. So sad.
    I got shouted at for saying that. A fully functional bridge, a few more essential apps and they wouldn't be where they are today? It's not hindsight, the members here have been shouting that at RIM since the pb was released. They just chose not to listen.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and Revampd like this.
    09-23-13 05:14 AM
    I got shouted at for saying that. A fully functional bridge, a few more essential apps and they wouldn't be where they are today? It's not hindsight, the members here have been shouting that at RIM since the pb was released. They just chose not to listen.

Posted via CB10
    You get shouted at when you open your mouth anyway :P
    09-23-13 07:27 AM
    You get shouted at when you open your mouth anyway :P
    God you look rough when you rise early!
    Carl Estes and Korak58 like this.
    09-23-13 07:43 AM
    God you look rough when you rise early!
    It's au natural. Take off your silly green hat sometime.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    09-23-13 07:45 AM
    It's quite natural. Take off your silly green hat sometime.
    I can't imagine just waiting to be sent back to prison AGAIN!
    09-23-13 07:52 AM
    I can't imagine just waiting to be sent back to prison AGAIN!
    I truly sympathize you. It's a scary world out here for someone like you. You need structure to feel safe. Shouldn't have left your cellar......
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    09-23-13 07:56 AM
    I truly sympathize you. It's a scary world out here for someone like you. You need structure to feel safe. Shouldn't have left your cellar......
    Need the money?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:11 AM
    Back on topic...everyone that I know that smashed their screen either by accident or on purpose, ended up purchasing a replacement playbook but it sounds like the OP has no intention of doing this!
    09-24-13 12:29 AM
    this is farewell, so long, adieu!

Just as i was getting used to its many and frustrating flaws and inadequacies have i been freed, by accident, from this case of technological stockholm syndrome.

Looking forwards it appears that bb are headed towards a keen edge with a similarly ultimate destination.

to the rest of us, well we all knew it was coming didn't we?

And to rim/bb - you did it to yourselves, arrogance is not befitting anyone let alone a mobile phone manufacturer, you should have listened to your existing customers, like all those folk that regrettably spent their money on your defunct and unloved tablet. Good riddance.

As for me?

Goto line 1
    bold part .......fail!
    09-24-13 01:43 AM
    It was good, well, ok, it was barely tolerable, whilst it lasted....

.... And now, it has ended, and peace has fallen upon the thread.
    bloodyrek likes this.
    09-24-13 01:53 AM