I just sold my Playbook on eBay and shipped it out today.

I really enjoyed it but it was certainly showing it's age. Compared to my Nexus 7 it didn't stand a chance. I get that it's two years older and the rate at which technology changes these days 2 years is decades. It had a good run.

I am disappointed that BlackBerry abandoned the Playbook though. I had a feeling this was going to happen which is why I decided to sell it. I was really hoping for more from Thorsten and his team. Understandably, difficult decisions had to be made especially in light of the earnings call today. Notwithstanding, to promise and then not deliver is a horrible statement to make and casts shades of the Balsille era, something they need to desperately shake.
    eddy_berry and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 11:48 PM
    I just sold my Playbook on eBay and shipped it out today.

I really enjoyed it but it was certainly showing it's age. Compared to my Nexus 7 it didn't stand a chance. I get that it's two years older and the rate at which technology changes these days 2 years is decades. It had a good run.

I am disappointed that BlackBerry abandoned the Playbook though. I had a feeling this was going to happen which is why I decided to sell it. I was really hoping for more from Thorsten and his team. Understandably, difficult decisions had to be made especially in light of the earnings call today. Notwithstanding, to promise and then not deliver is a horrible statement to make and casts shades of the Balsille era, something they need to desperately shake.
    At least you picked a good time to sell,
    I got a galaxy tab 2 7.0 in may because i wanted to try something new, never used my playbook since. The charger port is broken so all it would need is a rapid charger, but the news today just told me to let my playbook collect dust, unless they let us unlock our bootloaders
    06-28-13 11:52 PM
    I am disappointed too a little. I agree that going back on their word brings back distant memories of the previous BB CEOs but I don't see much else they could go back on. They trimmed the fat so to speak. Moved around resources to end the PB and focus on what they need to. Tough decision but one that will pay back in the long run I believe. Why keep wasting resources on a tablet they don't have any plans to upgrade hardware wise? If they really wanted to get BB10 on a tablet it will be a completely new tablet. And they said themselves there is no money in it. BB10 full speed ahead. Just not on the Playbook. Good bye Playbook. Oh what am I saying? It's right here beside me. I think I'll get a Nexus 7 somewhere down the road too. I like it but my PB does what I need it to for now. At least I know this is the beginning of the end.
    06-29-13 12:01 AM
    I am disappointed too a little. I agree that going back on their word brings back distant memories of the previous BB CEOs but I don't see much else they could go back on. They trimmed the fat so to speak. Moved around resources to end the PB and focus on what they need to. Tough decision but one that will pay back in the long run I believe. Why keep wasting resources on a tablet they don't have any plans to upgrade hardware wise? If they really wanted to get BB10 on a tablet it will be a completely new tablet. And they said themselves there is no money in it. BB10 full speed ahead. Just not on the Playbook. Good bye Playbook. Oh what am I saying? It's right here beside me. I think I'll get a Nexus 7 somewhere down the road too. I like it but my PB does what I need it to for now. At least I know this is the beginning of the end.
    Same can be said for their phones now. Why waste the resources? As they conceded that Apple and Android so dominated the tablet market that they jumped ship, their phones are dropping into the niche market, too and probably should be abandoned by the same logic - Apple/Android are in charge!

I don't know. As others have said, if they had really wanted to release bb10 for the pb, they probably could have. I don't think Thor was into the effort from the beginning.
    06-29-13 08:21 AM
    I would agree that Mr. Heins was not interested in continuing with the tablet and probably gave it token resources for development for a few months before finally killing it. The final decision to drop the tablet and work on the PlayBook was probably made shortly after the Q4 earnings report. Too bad he decided to wait so long to tell the rest of the world. Maybe it was in the hopes of selling more inventory before killing it off, but there was so little inventory out there to be had that no wonder sales were so abysmal.
    06-29-13 08:28 AM
    How much did you get? I was thinking of doing the same since I haven't used it in a dogs year.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:14 AM
    I got just over $100.00 on ebay. Seems to be the going rate.
    07-03-13 11:10 PM