What would be a good price to pay for a like new playbook that wont boot? Red light comes on when power button is pushed but nothing happens? The seller says "red light blinks twice pauses then blinks twice again" and when hooking it up to blackberry desktop it says "fatal error". Thanks.
    07-24-11 04:27 PM
    just needs the software reloading via desttop manager only easy fix pay him $100
    07-24-11 04:30 PM
    just needs the software reloading via desttop manager only easy fix pay him $100
    Not really. Just tried the DM route with a PB with the same problem.
    It refuses to budge.
    Tried DM update thrice to no avail.
    Offer the guy $100 only if the OP get's the original receipt and is able to exchange that unit with a new one.
    If it's in the 30 day period the OP can have it exchanged from the retailer,otherwise it will go to RIM for repairs.
    07-24-11 04:43 PM
    hummm...non booting playbook...how functional can it be? can it really get bricked?
    i don't think it will ever get bricked. it's so secure.
    07-24-11 05:20 PM
    If this is the one discussed in the other thread please go back to explain what exactly you are doing for "hard reset"
    07-24-11 05:21 PM
    It being sold on the internet, i don't have it in my possession. I want to buy it because i figure worse comes to worse i can call up rim and use the warranty. wondering what the most I should pay. The post says he tried to use desktop manager to fix it and it just says fatal error on desktop manager.....
    07-24-11 05:49 PM
    Not really. Just tried the DM route with a PB with the same problem.
    It refuses to budge.
    Tried DM update thrice to no avail.
    Offer the guy $100 only if the OP get's the original receipt and is able to exchange that unit with a new one.
    If it's in the 30 day period the OP can have it exchanged from the retailer,otherwise it will go to RIM for repairs.
    I concur - although $100 seems low if it can be returned - it all depends on what it's worth to you to go through the hassle and time of getting it fixed.
    07-24-11 07:11 PM
    It being sold on the internet, i don't have it in my possession. I want to buy it because i figure worse comes to worse i can call up rim and use the warranty. wondering what the most I should pay. The post says he tried to use desktop manager to fix it and it just says fatal error on desktop manager.....
    I'm going to go ahead and assume that if it's being sold DOA then the warranty will no longer be honoured. Just my guess.
    07-24-11 07:28 PM
    What would be a good price to pay for a like new playbook that wont boot? Red light comes on when power button is pushed but nothing happens? The seller says "red light blinks twice pauses then blinks twice again" and when hooking it up to blackberry desktop it says "fatal error". Thanks.
    It has a 1 year warranty, take it back to the store and get an exchange!
    07-24-11 08:24 PM
    Ask him for the serial and then call RIM to see if it has a valid warranty (i.e. isn't stolen, isn't a dev/demo device etc.)
    07-24-11 08:31 PM
    Ask him if it fell in the toilet and RIM denied service
    07-24-11 09:00 PM
    So I got the SN and called RIM, they said it is not a demo playbook, and has also never been registered. I asked the guy on the phone about the "fatal error" when hooking it up to desktop manager and he said isn't a big deal, just need to reload the OS. My question is how do you re-load the OS without desktop manager? Is it a big deal? Anyone have any luck with this type of problem?
    07-25-11 09:36 PM
    Again, why would he be selling a Playbook that only needs the OS reloaded for $100? And if that's the case why not reload it himself?
    07-25-11 10:38 PM
    Again, why would he be selling a Playbook that only needs the OS reloaded for $100? And if that's the case why not reload it himself?
    Because the seller is too stupid? lol

or

Something is up...
    Speczorz likes this.
    07-26-11 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD