I was at Best Buy to see if they had any stock of PB's

Of course not I got the last one last week ?

But to my shock and amazement, the demo unit was sitting in its charging cradle running the time out demo!

A rim rep must have been by because it was also upgraded to the latest OS
    wifi working fine -

I looked around the store came back and found someone playing with it.
    any questions I asked?

As you can imagine, went though all the joys with him and he looked for a sales person to order it. It was sooo easy when someone actually knows stuff about it to answer questions - when the unit actually works they then sell quick, especially at this price of $199

I sold four today within about an hour and a half. True story.

When they see youtube app running in the background in showcase mode, while simultaneously downloading free apps, then pulling up a browser to websurf, pulling up the piano keyboard, playing a few multi-touch chords, and swiping four simultaneous running apps from side to side (all the while hearing the audio from youtube) they are SOLD!

Wrap it up! This thing rocks!

oh.. then I went to Staples -

unit black in standby - OS 1.0.0.0 - settings was opened to someone trying to get the wifi working unsuccessfully - perhaps a crackberrian -

staples hurts me
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-25-11 at 07:57 PM.
    11-25-11 06:30 PM
    My family went to several Bucks County PA stores, Staples, BestBuy, Office Depot, etc. None had been supplied with even a single unit.

Staples manager said it was the only item in their advertisement that did not show up.

Where are all the Playbooks?
    11-25-11 06:38 PM
    Thankyou for this post i really enjoyed it. nice to hear.
    11-25-11 06:38 PM
    I decided to pull the trigger and buy a PB. I went to Office Depot about 7:30 this morning, asked the rep if they had any. They had all 3 models in stock After setup, which took about 30 minutes, I now have it home and am playing with it. Thus far, I am well pleased.

BTW, Thank you Blackjack for the pointers in another thread. They were most helpful.
    Last edited by oldtimeBBaddict; 11-25-11 at 06:44 PM.
    11-25-11 06:41 PM
    My family went to several Bucks County PA stores, Staples, BestBuy, Office Depot, etc. None had been supplied with even a single unit.

Staples manager said it was the only item in their advertisement that did not show up.

You can buy them direct from Rim at discount price.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=TxHJya1q
    Last edited by Hgouck; 11-25-11 at 06:50 PM.
    11-25-11 06:44 PM

But to my shock and amazement, the demo unit was sitting in its charging cradle running the time out demo!

wifi working fine -

any questions I asked?

As you can imagine, went though all the joys with him and he looked for a sales person to order it. It was sooo easy when someone actually knows stuff about it to answer questions - and the unit actually works they then sell quick, especially at this price of $199

When they see youtube app running in the background in showcase mode, while simultaneously downloading free apps, then pulling up a browser to websurf, pulling up the piano keyboard, playing a few multi-touch chords, and swiping four simultaneous running apps from side to side (all the while hearing the audio from youtube) they are SOLD
    !

That was me !

im an easy mark
    11-25-11 06:46 PM
    16GB is sold out even on blackberry.com . i am so mad for waiting until now. i hope they sold hundreds of thousands of them , and it will motivate rim to put more time into the playbook.
    11-25-11 06:49 PM

Blackjack sold the entire North American inventory !
    vgwillm likes this.
    11-25-11 06:49 PM
    Yes, I ask not for me, as I love the two I have. For those not yet experienced in the virtues Playbook, the blackberry.com return restrictions to unopened boxes is prohibitive.... and I want as many people as possible to give the Playbook a go and get hooked!
    11-25-11 06:53 PM
    Not sure what the stock has been for Staples and Best Buy, but I've gone to three Best Buys and one Staples today and they were all out of PlayBooks and accessories!
    11-25-11 07:16 PM

Blackjack sold the entire North American inventory !
    lol guess so - update: ran back to staples because I forgot to see if they had any charging cradles left -

at the customer service desk someone was asking if they had any "tablets" left - my ears perked.

I followed him to the tablet kiosk - he was looking at the Dell streak which had some really crappy audio coming out of it....sounded like a transistor radio from the 60's!

Couldn't help but notice the Bold 9700 in his hand - target!

I redirected him to the playbook kiosk that was at OS 1.0.0.0 with no wifi available.
    Told him about bridge - he was wide eyed he picked up the thing and noticed the browser wasnt working - the nearby manager admitted yeah we don't have very good wifi...( the same one I asked to upgrade the demo 6 months ago)

So I sent him off to best buy in front of the manager to look at a "working" unit Ha! Staples revenge!!

score blackjack 5~
    Staples 0
    Jobs 0

I did get a little ipad envy at Best Buy though when they had some thing it slides into to make it look and work like an 80's video arcade game with a robust joy stick and buttons....

- oh the days of playing "pacman" and "defender".

but I need a powerful portable professional business tool...

Fuuunest black friday of blackjacks life!
    11-25-11 07:46 PM
    This is a great report blackjack. On the bestbuy website, the playbook is sold out. I was wondering if they had any stashes left for black friday in stores. Any other store reports out there?
    11-25-11 07:55 PM
    walmart.com still have the 32 and 64 gb for 300 and 400. free shipping and easy return if you don't like it for any reason.

i am positive once u played and get familiar with it you will not put it down. perfect size and amazing device.

my wife said I've been playing with the pb more than playing with my kids. sorry, can't help it :-)
    11-25-11 08:10 PM
    For the places that are sold out, are they backordering it, issuing rainchecks or saying anything about futher shipments. I wonder how many people know you can order off of the BB website?
    11-25-11 08:14 PM

wifi working fine -

any questions I asked?

As you can imagine, went though all the joys with him and he looked for a sales person to order it. It was sooo easy when someone actually knows stuff about it to answer questions - when the unit actually works they then sell quick, especially at this price of $199

When they see youtube app running in the background in showcase mode, while simultaneously downloading free apps, then pulling up a browser to websurf, pulling up the piano keyboard, playing a few multi-touch chords, and swiping four simultaneous running apps from side to side (all the while hearing the audio from youtube) they are SOLD!

Wrap it up! This thing rocks!

oh.. then I went to Staples -

unit black in standby - OS 1.0.0.0 - settings was opened to someone trying to get the wifi working unsuccessfully - perhaps a crackberrian -

staples hurts me
    I lol'd at your " looked around the store came back and found someone playing with it.
    any questions I asked?" comment, unless you work for best buy. If not that's down right creepy. I played with the playbook a few days ago and i was really close to purchasing one. That was until i found out that there is no barnes and noble app, or pulse (rss reader) app. A lot of my favorite apps aren't available on the playbook, once 3rd party support increase i will definitely pick one up.
    11-25-11 08:20 PM
    I was the third in line this morning at staples and was able to get a hold of the only blackberry playbook 16gb in stock, the only playbook in stock for that matter. the funny thing is i had convinced someone else to buy it as well the 5th person in line hahaha but too bad they only had one and i heard right before leaving the store with my playbook, someone managed to get the manager to sell the display playbook but they said you can pay for it now but have to come back for it later.

there were also a few others at the end of the line (there were like 50 people in line) looking for the playbook (i heard when the manager was saying out loud that playbooks were soldout)

BTW i live in Riverside, California..

so far i love my playbook. now im just trying to figure where to get my bridge app from since i have at&t.
    11-25-11 08:23 PM
    I was the third in line this morning at staples and was able to get a hold of the only blackberry playbook 16gb in stock, the only playbook in stock for that matter. the funny thing is i had convinced someone else to buy it as well the 5th person in line hahaha but too bad they only had one and i heard right before leaving the store with my playbook, someone managed to get the manager to sell the display playbook but they said you can pay for it now but have to come back for it later.

there were also a few others at the end of the line (there were like 50 people in line) looking for the playbook (i heard when the manager was saying out loud that playbooks were soldout)

BTW i live in Riverside, California..

so far i love my playbook. now im just trying to figure where to get my bridge app from since i have at&t.
    You can download the bridge app from app world.
    11-25-11 08:39 PM
    In order to use the Blackberry Bridge for ATT without the extra charges from them, you need to go here.... Be sure and get the correct OTA Bridge for the OS on your phone.

RROYY - APPLICATIONS

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 11-25-11 at 09:14 PM.
    Elysa_38 likes this.
    11-25-11 09:06 PM
    I lol'd at your " looked around the store came back and found someone playing with it.
    any questions I asked?" comment, unless you work for best buy. If not that's down right creepy. I played with the playbook a few days ago and i was really close to purchasing one. That was until i found out that there is no barnes and noble app, or pulse (rss reader) app. A lot of my favorite apps aren't available on the playbook, once 3rd party support increase i will definitely pick one up.
    Trust me - I'm creepy. But I was wearing a blue shirt so it was cool

I would love the job actually if it only paid better...
    RIM I could sell these things!!
    Fired that head of marketing yet??

barnes and noble app is called KOBO - they have it. Isnt it? I dunno I don't do ebooks
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-25-11 at 09:14 PM.
    11-25-11 09:09 PM
    I'm not sure if I can import all my barnes and noble purchases using kobo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 09:23 PM
    I'm not sure if I can import all my barnes and noble purchases using kobo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok found a thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-660367/
    11-25-11 09:26 PM
    Nice story blackjack93117
    11-25-11 09:30 PM
    In order to use the Blackberry Bridge for ATT without the extra charges from them, you need to go here.... Be sure and get the correct OTA Bridge for the OS on your phone.

RROYY - APPLICATIONS

Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much!! already enjoying BB bridge its awesome just made my playbook even cool-er...!!

Can't wait til February!
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-25-11 09:37 PM
    If you need farting noises, B&N specific apps. then don't get a playbook. Kobo works well, the rss readers offered a great, and the third party apps aren't the bread and butter that makes a playbook a playbook.
    11-25-11 09:51 PM
    Thank you so much!! already enjoying BB bridge its awesome just made my playbook even cool-er...!!

Can't wait til February!
    Thank You! To get more use of your new PB, go here for great tips! ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    11-25-11 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD