Hi,

Im heading out on a trip this weekend, and its about 12hr of road and i would like to be able to charge the playbook on the way.

I was thinking of buying either an inverter or a car charger.

If its an inverter, what is the lowest wattage I can buy?

If its a car charger, which one would you recommand?

Thanks
    10-20-11 09:41 AM
    Hi,

Im heading out on a trip this weekend, and its about 12hr of road and i would like to be able to charge the playbook on the way.

I was thinking of buying either an inverter or a car charger.

If its an inverter, what is the lowest wattage I can buy?

If its a car charger, which one would you recommand?

Thanks
    watts is voltage times current
    P=E*I

probably anyone will do. just check its easy. But consider any other uses for the inverter (some have usb charging too) or just buy the special car charger. I bought a cheap usb charger for ~$10 a while ago. Uses just the usb that came with the PB. just do the calculation
    Last edited by dentynefire; 10-20-11 at 09:47 AM.
    10-20-11 09:43 AM
    Since you're not pulling a lot of amps, 300 watts is plenty. Get the invertor. You'll never need to buy another car charger again.
    10-20-11 09:46 AM
    If im buying an inverter, Id like to be able to power up my laptop also.

Now, im currious of the size of watts Id need.
    10-20-11 09:52 AM
    As the other poster stated, amps x volts = watts. Check the required amps on your chargers. I bet 300 is still plenty.

Now if you want to use a toaster, get a 1000. A table saw? You need 15 amps, so get 1500 watts +
    10-20-11 10:03 AM
    As the other poster stated, amps x volts = watts. Check the required amps on your chargers. I bet 300 is still plenty.

Now if you want to use a toaster, get a 1000. A table saw? You need 15 amps, so get 1500 watts +
    I've found the other consideration is also how much power the lighter plug can handle with an invertor. I have an invertor (not sure how many watts its rated for, but if I plug in my Dell 9400 that draws 19.5V or 4.62 Amps I blow fuses a lot.

Now I know charging a PlayBook won't draw that much power from an invertor but just be aware then more you draw from it, the harder it is on the electrical.

Mike
    10-20-11 10:15 AM
    I just got a Hyundai Santa Fe and ir has a USB port in it. Is it safe to try to plug the playbook in that USB port?
    10-20-11 10:36 AM
    why on earth are you looking at an inverter?.. why not simply a lighter adapter>usb and a cable..

get a usb adapter for an ipad..thety are rated at 2A output.
    10-20-11 10:47 AM
    Whats the output that the playbook needs?
    10-20-11 10:49 AM
    i use a motorola cig lighter plug in, bought from Amazon for 1.88 delivered
    10-20-11 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD