Has anyone had success setting up their godaddy email service? I can't get it to setup and haver tried multiple times through the advanced settings. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Tommy6030; 02-21-12 at 08:08 AM.
    02-21-12 07:58 AM
    I can't even get my gmail to work, says the gmail.imap server unavailable
    02-21-12 08:01 AM
    mine no prob..running well my @gmail @hotamil acc and also fb and twitter acc
    02-21-12 08:05 AM
    I have the same issue with godaddy on my gen 1 ipad. this stinks!
    02-21-12 08:07 AM
    I struggled setting up my Network Solutions pop3 account.

I had to fiddle with the settings somewhat and try a bunch of different things. Do you use Outlook for your email? If so, try copying the settings from there (I had to change the default port settings from what the PB had to what I have in Outlook). I also had to turn SSL off and SMTP Encryption off.
    02-21-12 08:09 AM
    I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one having problems setting my e-mail account. Mine is not a godaddy.com, it's a videotron.ca but the results are the same.

I checked in the settings from my laptop and the one on the Playbook. Everything seems to be ok, so.... ? now what ? Wait ??

So far it's the only problems I noticed with the Os 2.0

02-21-12 08:10 AM
    Have you tried adding it without the advanced settings and just let the PlayBook figure it our if it can?

I am on a cable provider pop email and when I just put in the email address and password it set it up using the webmail port/settings. If your provider has a webmail interface, it may find it and set it up this way.

Now, if only I can find out how to mark all the old emails as read in one quick operation, rather than having to click on thousands of emails.
    02-21-12 08:16 AM
    Have you tried adding it without the advanced settings and just let the PlayBook figure it our if it can?

I am on a cable provider pop email and when I just put in the email address and password it set it up using the webmail port/settings. If you provider has a webmail interface, it may find it and set it up this way.

Now, if only I can find out how to mark all the old emails as read in one quick operation, rather than having to click on thousands of emails.
    Yea I tried that first mulitple times. I'm pretty sure its a Godaddy issue at this point
    02-21-12 08:17 AM
    Yea I tried that first mulitple times. I'm pretty sure its a Godaddy issue at this point
    Actually, I think it's a PlayBook issue, frankly.

I was able to get one basic Yahoo account set up this morning. However, my main personal email is through my own domain, which is on Yahoo's Small Business servers. That wouldn't take when I let the PB try to set it up on its own. I went to advanced settings, and changed the server and port settings that the PB had set up to match those for this email account on my PC. Nope -- same message.

I also note that now that I'm bridged and no longer on wifi, even that basic Yahoo account I had set up is no longer responding.
    02-21-12 08:28 AM
    I was having a problem adding goDaddy accounts too. I tried many things. Walked away and tried it again, and now it works. The instructions they give you at gD aren't too clear.

I used a POP server. When it asks for the server address I put in pop.secureserver.net

And for the outgoing SMTP server I used smtp.secureserver.net

SSL on and default ports.

Worked for me and I'm pleased that I can get all my emails with one touch.
    02-21-12 01:38 PM
    I got it working through advanced settings.

Username: _____@______.com
    Email Address: _______@___.com
    Password: **********
    Server Address: pop.secureserver.net
    Port: 995
    SMTP Username: _________@______.com
    SMTP Password: *******
    SMTP Server Address: smtpout.secureserver.net
    SMTP Port: 465
    SMTP Encryption: SSL

Try those settings. Of course fill in your own email address and password in the blanks.
    Worked for me. Hope that helps

Brian
    02-21-12 02:10 PM
    Thanks guys. I finally got the email setup but I cannot send messages now. I just get a collection of red X's in the outbox. I'm so frustrated
    02-21-12 06:57 PM
    Hi,

Never had that moi much problems setting up my godaddy emails.. Grrrrrr

On my blackberry 8800, setup was super easy, all automatic. Why is it so complicated on the playbook?

I run multiple websites and i need my godaddy email setup on my playbook.

In outlook, i use:

Pop.secureserver.net 110
    Smtpout.secureserver.net 80

No ssl and i have My outgoing serveur Smtp requires authentification checked

HELP!!!!!!

I tried the settings above, they dont work for me
    07-01-12 08:33 AM
    It works now. Using ports above:

Username: _____@______.com
    Email Address: _______@___.com
    Password: **********
    Server Address: pop.secureserver.net
    Port: 995
    SMTP Username: _________@______.com
    SMTP Password: *******
    SMTP Server Address: smtpout.secureserver.net
    SMTP Port: 465
    SMTP Encryption: SSL
    The problem was that I let the playbook decide which type of account to use, and it selected imap for my godaddy email (which is wrong). From there, I was editing my account and changing it to POP with ports aboves. That did not work.

But when I recreated my account and tapped on the advanced option button, I selected POP and it worked fine with ports above.

Finally, yes!
    07-03-12 08:39 PM
    It's worked perfectly even er since I set it up a couple of months the ago. I just called Godaddy tech support, had them walk through the setup with me and it's been trouble free ever since. It even works just fine when I set up my Android phone as a hotshot.
    07-05-12 06:41 PM
    thanks for all the information with this problem.
    basically i had to set the email like this Accounts}Add New Account}Email, Calender..}Advanced Setup}POP
    fill in your email and password leave the rest
    Server Address* pop.secureserver.net
    SMTP Server Address* smtpout.secureserver.net
    Save
    09-09-12 10:17 PM
    Hi CVCV ( or anyone else who can answer this )
    I'm trying to setup IMAP mail using our Davmail server. The only difference in the setup is that the port mappings have been changed for security and other reasons like the existing ports are used, and for the love of Mike I can't find any concrete example of setting up mail with a different port number. ( I tried servername:10143 but this doesn't work - it does work on Android and IOS devices )
    Your post hints that port numbers can be specified, if this is true where can I find it?
    Thanks
    11-05-12 09:32 AM
    I had to call GoDaddy and make sure mine was on IMAP. They walked me through it and GoDaddy emails sending & receiving working great!
    03-29-13 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD