hi folks,
    i noticed there's an attachment button now when composing a gmail message which wasn't there in the previous OS version when under the mobile site- problem now is that it allows you to choose your attachment but the attachment itself does not load, or attach??

i've tested it twice, trying to attach a picture file and no luck
    anybody else having this problem?

close but no cigar RIM...
    12-06-11 09:41 PM
    I found the same problem
    12-06-11 10:12 PM
    I'm never able to attach files with gMail on the PlayBook unless I'm bridged to my BB. Once bridged, I can then attach files.
    12-06-11 10:24 PM
    you can attach files when in html or desktop mode. the switch is located at bottom of left messages panel. the desktop mode is very sluggish though, html is slightly better but not as cluttered
    12-06-11 10:35 PM
    you can attach files when in html or desktop mode. the switch is located at bottom of left messages panel. the desktop mode is very sluggish though, html is slightly better but not as cluttered
    Yes, I knew that, but we are talking about the mobile Gmail site, no?

I guess I should have clarified for you in my first post that I'm strictly talking about mobile Gmail as well.
    12-06-11 10:42 PM
    Yes, I was also talking about mobile Gmail- It would be nice to not have to switch to html or desktop mode to attach files.
    Seems that the update added the attachment button but perhaps forgot to link to a process/function
    12-07-11 08:02 AM
    The .6067 update was only released to patch the root exploit, that small 5mb update did not change anything else.

The update didn't add a new function to gmail, since, it can't do that. Think about that for a second.
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    12-07-11 09:08 AM
    The .6067 update was only released to patch the root exploit, that small 5mb update did not change anything else.

The update didn't add a new function to gmail, since, it can't do that. Think about that for a second.
    You're very mistaken my friend, as I've incessantly looked for the attachment button along with other playbook users and we did not see the attachment button until this latest update.
    Besides, you're logic would be off either way (RIM would not bother to list these types of changes anyways)- even now with the attachment button available, the function does not work- so why would it even exist there now, unless you yourself don't see the attachment button somewhere on the top right area of the screen during message composition in mobile mode.

Maybe we can further prove this with someone under the previous os?
    12-07-11 07:56 PM
    Ah, perhaps Google might be responsible for changes to the Gmail interface.

Just sayin'...

jesse_h likes this.
    12-07-11 08:50 PM
    The gmail attachment (paper clip) has been there, but you have to be in the "correct" gmail webpage. There's a mobile gmail page, a basic html page and a desktop page. They all display differently. But when I tried using the attachment last week or the week before to send a spreadsheet, it did not work!
    12-07-11 09:28 PM
    i just tested this and it works fine on my PB. Sorry if it's not working for you.
    12-07-11 09:55 PM
    You're very mistaken my friend, as I've incessantly looked for the attachment button along with other playbook users and we did not see the attachment button until this latest update.
    Besides, you're logic would be off either way (RIM would not bother to list these types of changes anyways)- even now with the attachment button available, the function does not work- so why would it even exist there now, unless you yourself don't see the attachment button somewhere on the top right area of the screen during message composition in mobile mode.

Maybe we can further prove this with someone under the previous os?
    So what you're saying is, RIM was able to release some sort of magical new update that's able to change the interface of a Google product?

Sorry, but no. That's not how these things work. The OS update, updates the OS, not the entire internet.
    12-07-11 10:26 PM
    You know that the OS makes the system compatible with other products/apps, just as to how software drivers work, right ie. file uploads, whether within Gmail or Yahoo mail, still requires communications with the OS- this isn't anything magical. The OS works with various interfaces, either permitting or preventing this communication- Google can offer up whatever features it wishes but the OS still has to be able to work with it. We can get further into this until the cows come home....

At the end of it all, I'm still here, looking for suggestions and ideas as to how I can attach a file when in Gmail mobile mode.
    12-08-11 08:10 AM
    Re OP, after downloading newest OS update I also noticed attachment button in mobil gmail, whereas it wasn't there earlier this week.

It was a functioning option in the desktop and html versions, but not in the mobile version.

In mobile version (and I don't own a BB so not bridged), the attachment function is not operational for me.
    12-08-11 08:16 AM
    @pbnb,
    Thank you! You've hit it on the head and in a very concise manner too. This is what I've been trying to get at. Now we can hunt down the culprit that is preventing the attachment load.
    To the best of my ability, I've checked around the settings but found nothing relating to file upload enabling/disabling.

FYI, Yahoo mail's file attachment works nicely in mobile mode.
    12-08-11 08:35 AM
    I have 2 PB's, one has the newst OS, the other has the older ver of 1.08 - I've tried both in mobile gmail, both show the paper clip, neither of them load the attachment.

I'll attach screen shots if you want.
    12-08-11 08:42 AM
    @jesseh,
    that's alright thanks. it's just odd that in mobile mode, yahoo mail's attachment works but gmail's doesn't. this sort of leads me to believe the OS does allow file attachment functions, but why not for gmail?
    12-08-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD