Glowing screen while turned off
When I turn my PlayBook off and plug it up to charge, the screen comes back on and glows white...and its still turned off. Anyone else have this problem? It charges fine, I'm just concerned it might prematurely wear out the screen."DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE...IF YOUR AWESOME!" Rhino
- 12-23-12, 01:15 AM #2
I've been having that issue since day one on all of my PlayBooks. I think it's just how the charging system works, not sure if anyone else has any insight on this.
Okay, well at least I'm not the only one. This is fairly new for mine. At first it would only have the glowing LED but now its both LED and screen."DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE...IF YOUR AWESOME!" Rhino
- CrackBerry Genius
12-23-12, 10:02 AM #8
- 3,514 Posts
It would be normal for the backlight to come on while charging and turned off. It's hard to see unless you look at an angle or in a dark room. The white screen while charging would be abnormal.
I don't know why RIM would have the back light come on during charging. Seems counter productive to me. The simple solution is to charge in standby. The back light won't come on in standby.
- 12-23-12, 11:58 AM #9
Search the forum for the "Screen glowing while charging" thread from back in May, or the numerous other threads on this. Many people were unaware of the glowing screen until they checked it out in a dark room or they never turn their PB off while charging.If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
- By drinmtl in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 11-25-08, 02:10 PM
- By dwgallivan in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-08, 09:28 AM
- By OrtegaJ in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 10-16-08, 11:26 PM
- By wbailey in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 07-14-08, 11:52 PM
- By Heffa in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 4Last Post: 03-24-08, 08:52 AM