Please! Please give up and go drop $500 on an ipad. Atta boy.
    11-23-12 10:13 PM
    ebay or patience..lol... or wait till the 10inch Blackforest comes out..
    11-23-12 11:14 PM
    Staples in Victoria BC. $118. In stock. Send me your $500 and I will send to
    ______

My nephew in Coquitlam, B.C. says Staples is selling the 32 GB PB for same price. Not sure which Staples though.
    11-24-12 12:27 AM
    I am not sure if the OP found his PB or not, but when I am looking for something hard to find, a saved search in Ebay, and Google Alerts usually helps me get what I want. I am not sure Amazon has this feature or not?
    11-24-12 08:50 AM
    I am not sure if the OP found his PB or not, but when I am looking for something hard to find, a saved search in Ebay, and Google Alerts usually helps me get what I want. I am not sure Amazon has this feature or not?
    If you sign into amazon and search for it, months later they will send a 'we found similar items to the one you were searching for' but not very useful as they don't send them regularly.
    11-24-12 09:00 AM
    If It's for work/commercial purposes, why don't you just contact RIM either online or by phone - you might even get a better price.
    11-24-12 09:25 AM
    I can't believe the stupid comments being left on this thread - this is actually the best help site I've found for the playbook, so ignore the trolls and they will die. My playbook came by mail in less than a week and I'm pretty sure they track and insure purchases. Buying online is safe, but if you go in person, google stores in your area and phone them first. BTW: this site has the sale right through to Monday. Don't give up, I love mine way better than my iPod touch, and more than my friend's iPad! You'll love it for sure - I never turn my PC on now, my playbook. Is way better
    I finally got my 32 gig playbook. I love it. I put my trust in amazon and they didn't let me down. only problem is it took forever to reach 1% battery life. now what am I missing? there doesn't seem to be anything useful in app world but I heard about android apps. how does that work? I'm familiar with loading a OS onto my 9930 but I'm confused about apps. and what about ringers? I see the crackberry app has a ringtone but what about everything else like facebook and stuff?
    11-30-12 12:53 PM
    I finally got my 32 gig playbook. I love it. I put my trust in amazon and they didn't let me down. only problem is it took forever to reach 1% battery life. now what am I missing? there doesn't seem to be anything useful in app world but I heard about android apps. how does that work? I'm familiar with loading a OS onto my 9930 but I'm confused about apps. and what about ringers? I see the crackberry app has a ringtone but what about everything else like facebook and stuff?
    PlayBook App Manager

Guide to the Side - localbar2 (For LocalBar2)

Guide to the Side - PC - http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-701348/
    11-30-12 01:08 PM
    RE: There doesn't seem to be anything useful in app world but I heard about android apps. how does that work?

1: "App World" is rocking compared to what I read about it being a while back, Ton's of apps according to RIM.
    2: Google Play which allows direct access to apps has been disabled by RIM as it's in competition with App World. The only way to enable Google Play is to 'Root" the device. This "rooting" has also been done away with unless you have a brand-new never connected to the net PlayBook and "root" the device.
    3: To answer your question about how to run Android apps, you have to "side-load" them via developer mode.
    It's a feature that allows "developers" to test out apps they may port over from Android (or I guess create).
    (See above post for links about side-loading -when I started typing up this post that post hadn't been posted)

How long Side-Loading will last has me concerned as the stuff I'm reading about BB10 OS, and the BB10 OS upgrade that RIM has promised to current 1st Gen (1ghz cpu) that are currently running OS v 2.1.0.1088 /shipped with that or v 1.xxx leaves me with the impression RIM is trying to lock out that feature for CONSUMERS. Concerned as I see the word revenue stream alot, encrypting / requiring apps /install files to be "digitally signed" and protecting "developers".... so they may be doing away with the (1) feature they shouldn't be messing with.
    ( I can see a scenario that the "developer mode" is locked down and restricted in some way... if your ID/serial number don't match their database=Developer mode is disabled.)
    However they may restrict it (if they do) If they are looking to improve their market share they are shooting themselves in the foot.
    People want access to Android apps.
    BlackBerry has 3.3 % of the market, Android 44% and growing.
    Having a machine that will run those 44% apps is a good thing. They need to embrace Google Play.

Will they? NO as it's in competition to their "App World".

What they should do is A: Test each app submitted to "App World" extensively. B: Delete apps that don't run right. C: Embrace (enable) Google Play (Or a app that emulates it) STRESSING apps acquired from "App World" are EXTENSIVELY tested, have MORE features/options (not less) than there Android counterparts.

(In other words "add value", yep you can get it from the the other guys... but our stuff is better.)

So you want xyz app?
    Oh they will say... If you want xyz submit a request to the developer. Sounds great and all but at 3.3% market share unless the developer has nothing else to do you will be waiting a long time.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 11-30-12 at 09:23 PM.
    castoridae likes this.
    11-30-12 01:35 PM
    I just got 2 brand new 32GB off ebay for $139. I wish I was on the receiving end but they are going to make great Xmas presents. My 64GB keeps me busy but hey the more the merrier.
    11-30-12 01:43 PM
    PlayBook App Manager

Guide to the Side - localbar2 (For LocalBar2)

Guide to the Side - PC - http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-701348/
    idk if this is a dumb question but is there a site to find bar files? I'm lost
    11-30-12 01:44 PM
    I put my trust in amazon and they didn't let me down....
    Me too, I was a little skeptical about Amazon as I'd been watching the various sellers fluctuate between "in stock" and "backordered," and even the prices kept going up and down. But I finally clicked BUY on an in-stock one yesterday, and according to UPS it should be waiting for me when I get home from work tonight
    11-30-12 01:44 PM
    RE: There doesn't seem to be anything useful in app world
    Downloaded and tried all 30,000 apps in there have you ...?

djenkins6 likes this.
    11-30-12 01:51 PM
    idk if this is a dumb question but is there a site to find bar files? I'm lost
    I'll make it easy for you...sell your BlackBerry PlayBook and buy a Google Android tablet. If you are too lazy to use thee search feature of this forum to read about some of the excellent BlackBerry PlayBook applications, we cannot help you in your persistent trolling posts.
    RoseBud68, alan510 and castoridae like this.
    11-30-12 03:29 PM

To be fair over 20000 "applications" are public domain ebooks packaged as separate applications.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    11-30-12 03:31 PM

RE: There doesn't seem to be anything useful in app world but I heard about android apps. how does that work?

That statement was made by the user GEEs97, not me. Notice the "RE" at the beginning. Re-read the quoted section in post #59, GEEs97's post #57:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post7755482

Here is GEEs97's post #57
    Do have a question for you since you mention 30,000 apps in App World.

I like probably at least 500,000 of the 1,750,000 PlayBook owners visit places called "stores" in which items for sale have UPC / Barcodes.
    I like 30% + of PlayBook owners would probably would be interested in a app that you could scan a barcode /UPC, and it runs a search via the PlayBook in realtime, bringing up references, searching for latest pricing, etc...

Doesn't seem to be any such apps listed on App World searching via the App World app on the PlayBook itself.
    Getting a "No Results Found" with UPC, (1) reference to a app that calls itself "BarCode Reader", by Handster, Inc which it does not scan, nor work. (ALL the reviewers say it's GARBAGE, most rating it as "ZERO" stars. EG= Worthless)

Can you hook me up with a working UPC / Bar Code scanner app bro?

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 11-30-12 at 09:48 PM.
    11-30-12 09:19 PM
    I actually stumbled on mine via Craigslist. Complete with rapid charger and the convertible case. Loved this little bugger ever since. I just want to buy a larger capacity model. My 16GB model is stuffed and I'd love a 64GB LTE version but I feel those are tough to come by.

Giving up on BlackBerry due to short supplies of the PlayBook is rather odd. I loved my old Bold 9700 that I was using till a few months ago. It was one of my favorite phones despite it being far behind the technology curve. I loved the great sound quality in the music player and messaging was a breeze. I had bought my PlayBook to use with it and loved how well they worked together despite the age difference in the hardware.

My Bold died sadly but still use my PlayBook almost daily. I had moved onto using an iPhone but it was dog slow on my carrier so now I use what I feel is just about the best of both worlds. My Galaxy S3.

I can't wait to get my hands on a working BB10 device not to mention to see how the PlayBook works with the new BlackBerry 10 update down the road. I love how this tablet works currently aside from the horrible Facebook client and lack of some other popular everyday apps.

Bring me Netflix, Twitter, DropBox, and native Google Maps.

Games have been getting better, I just hope more apps keep coming and Adobe Flash stays on the PlayBook.
    11-30-12 10:07 PM
    I actually stumbled on mine via Craigslist. Complete with rapid charger and the convertible case. Loved this little bugger ever since. I just want to buy a larger capacity model. My 16GB model is stuffed and I'd love a 64GB LTE version but I feel those are tough to come by.

Giving up on BlackBerry due to short supplies of the PlayBook is rather odd. I loved my old Bold 9700 that I was using till a few months ago. It was one of my favorite phones despite it being far behind the technology curve. I loved the great sound quality in the music player and messaging was a breeze. I had bought my PlayBook to use with it and loved how well they worked together despite the age difference in the hardware.

My Bold died sadly but still use my PlayBook almost daily. I had moved onto using an iPhone but it was dog slow on my carrier so now I use what I feel is just about the best of both worlds. My Galaxy S3.

I can't wait to get my hands on a working BB10 device not to mention to see how the PlayBook works with the new BlackBerry 10 update down the road. I love how this tablet works currently aside from the horrible Facebook client and lack of some other popular everyday apps.

Bring me Netflix, Twitter, DropBox, and native Google Maps.

Games have been getting better, I just hope more apps keep coming and Adobe Flash stays on the PlayBook.
    RE: Giving up on BlackBerry due to short supplies of the PlayBook is rather odd.

While I understand someone tiring from the "chase" (I had to deal with multiple stores and deal with screwsusp along the way to get (4) units shipped in.)
    OP just used that angle to generate interest.

Either that or OP doesn't know how to to run searches via:
    Name of item
    Slang name
    Model number
    Bar code
    UPC number
    Sort by date /price
    12-03-12 03:47 PM
    To be fair over 20000 "applications" are public domain ebooks packaged as separate applications.
    Source?
    12-03-12 03:49 PM
    Source?

Check App World. That is the source.
    12-04-12 11:10 AM
70 123