Just a quick post to offer my experience with these 2 screen protection technologies.

I got a 9900 a couple weeks ago from a friend, and it came with the Tru Protection matte film installed on it. I thought it was OK, but didn't know any different, as it was my first touch screen BB.

Then I picked up a PlayBook (actually 2 of them), and this week I had Ghost Armor installed on one of them, and just tonight, I installed the Tru Protection HD Anti-Glare film on the 2nd one (after searching high and low for it).

Bottom line is the TP product just works better with the touch screen. It's silky smooth, and other than the fact that there's no glare any more, you don't even know it's there.

The Ghost Armor is tough as nails, and if that's what you want, it's a good product. My own opinion is it feels a little rubbery (probably because there's rubber in the material), and it does nothing to cut glare. I also found the touch screen to be less sensitive by a noticeable margin than the bare screen or with the TP film.

So the TP product gets my vote. I'm taking my GA covered screen back to the kiosk to peel it off and get a refund.

Ironically, the TP product is more expensive, but I had no problem installing it myself (less than 5 minutes total), where the GA product took the kiosk girl nearly 1/2 an hour (and I wasn't overly impressed with seeing the water getting squeegeed into the speakers and watching her blow it out with her mouth).
    diegonei, JR A and Serkle K like this.
    12-08-11 07:22 PM
    Picture attached of the 2 PB's side-by-side with a florescent light overhead.
    diegonei, JR A and Serkle K like this.
    12-08-11 07:23 PM
    Just a quick post to offer my experience with these 2 screen protection technologies.

I got a 9900 a couple weeks ago from a friend, and it came with the Tru Protection matte film installed on it. I thought it was OK, but didn't know any different, as it was my first touch screen BB.

Then I picked up a PlayBook (actually 2 of them), and this week I had Ghost Armor installed on one of them, and just tonight, I installed the Tru Protection HD Anti-Glare film on the 2nd one (after searching high and low for it).

Bottom line is the TP product just works better with the touch screen. It's silky smooth, and other than the fact that there's no glare any more, you don't even know it's there.

The Ghost Armor is tough as nails, and if that's what you want, it's a good product. My own opinion is it feels a little rubbery (probably because there's rubber in the material), and it does nothing to cut glare. I also found the touch screen to be less sensitive by a noticeable margin than the bare screen or with the TP film.

So the TP product gets my vote. I'm taking my GA covered screen back to the kiosk to peel it off and get a refund.

Ironically, the TP product is more expensive, but I had no problem installing it myself (less than 5 minutes total), where the GA product took the kiosk girl nearly 1/2 an hour (and I wasn't overly impressed with seeing the water getting squeegeed into the speakers and watching her blow it out with her mouth).
    I have GA installed on my torch and i was thinking of installing on my PB but for $40, no thanks! But the thing is about the anti-glare screen protectors is that they have microscopic pits that distort light and hence reducing the glare. The draw back on these is that after a while those can get filled with all sorts of debris. Mainly oil! I myself haven't installed a screen protector on mine because my PB Otterbox already came with one. But i give a few months!
    12-09-11 11:44 AM
    The Ghost Armor is tough as nails, and if that's what you want, it's a good product.
    I never thought I would need "tough as nails", but it happened:

Just had a freak occurance where my Ghost Armor screen protector saved my PlayBook.

Walked out of my office and heard a crash. Returned and saw a metal-framed picture I had on a shelf laying on the floor. Looked closer and realized the picture fell from a wall shelf about 30" onto my Playbook which was sitting flat on my desk. It landed corner-first on the screen with enough force to bend the sharp aluminum corner.

My screen protector had a hole in it. Tough to see from the pic, but it created a u-shaped tear about 4 mm long. Pealed off the protector and my screen was unblemished.

The Ghost Armor was pretty expensive as screen protectors go, but it just saved my PB. Plus, Ghost Armor will replace the protector under warranty.
    Photos are in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tector-673728/

You're absolutely right about the glare - GA can be tough in glare conditions. Good to know there are quality alternatives out there.
    12-09-11 01:58 PM
    I have GA installed on my torch and i was thinking of installing on my PB but for $40, no thanks! But the thing is about the anti-glare screen protectors is that they have microscopic pits that distort light and hence reducing the glare. The draw back on these is that after a while those can get filled with all sorts of debris. Mainly oil! I myself haven't installed a screen protector on mine because my PB Otterbox already came with one. But i give a few months!
    That's the tradeoff

I've had a few experiences with using other people's devices and they had the anti-glare/matte finish screen protectors. After a couple of months of use, I could barely see through them because the oils that the matte screen protectors collected distorted the image so much.

After peeling off my friend's matte screen protector from his Droid, it was as if a "veil" had literally been lifted from our eyes. The image quality and overall experience just tripled after removing that damn thing...
    12-09-11 04:44 PM
    Additional to this... i might add a bit experience of my own.

I have 2 playbooks.

Zagg shield on one.. Wrapsol on the other one....

Wrapsol application was fairly easier and no water involved! after 24 hrs it was pretty neat. the protector gives me a better glass like feel. My HM stylus works great here.

zagg is more thick and rubber. It has an orange peel effect. I had some scratches on in, but they faded in a week. The only thing i really dislike are the finger prints. I notice them more on this device than on the wrapsol one.
    12-09-11 05:19 PM
    I have used both and I ended up taking them both off. The GA, I just didn't like the rubbery feel of it. I love the black carbon fiber body cover though so I kept it. I got the TP Anti-glare and as soon as I put it on, I regretted it. It makes your screen look like one of those lower quality resistive type of screens. I kept it on thinking I would eventually get used to it, but the PB's screen quality is too nice to reduce it the way the anti-glare screen makes it look. It is good at reducing glare if that is really important to you, but the image quality cost was too high for me. I did like the smoothness and ease of installation with the TP. So, I'm going to split the difference and get the TP Crystal Clear HD.
    12-09-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD