I don't know about anybody else, but I'm growing to hate this forum. I come in here looking for news or other tidbits of info on the PlayBook, and I'm getting increasingly frustrated having to weed through one thread after another of the same tired RIM-bashing and rehashed doom-and-gloom BS to find anything meaningful. The closer we get to an expected announcement, the worse it gets. It is soooooo tedious and irritating.

The PlayBook and every other new device will be what they will be, they will get here when they get here, and RIM will do what RIM has always done before there was a CrackBerry.com and before most of us ever heard of such a thing as a smart-phone, despite the collective genius of this horde of over-opinionated armchair quarterbacks incessantly barking their disdain at every blessed word, thought, and speculation about everything having anything to do with RIM. People -- you, me, and everybody else with a credit card burning a hole in their pocket -- will either buy it or they won't. Who cares.

The world doesn't revolve around our obsessoins with techie gadgets or the companies that make them. Please ... get a life, people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 10:13 AM
    This thread is sad
    03-21-11 11:30 AM
    Sorry, I'm exasperated and just had to vent.

You're actually one of the few who actually brings something positive and/or informative to the table.

03-21-11 12:26 PM
    I hear you, 18to12fitty!! There's been many times I've thought of just starting my own RIM forum - with a policy of banning/deleting overly negative posters. Constructive cricism is fine - being frustrated at RIM is fine in moderation ... But this overwhelming negativity is really depressing.

03-21-11 12:58 PM
    I come in here looking for news or other tidbits of info on the PlayBook
    That's the problem right there. There is no news or other tidbits about the Playbook being released. Somebody catches some little glimpse of an ad in a flyer or from Sears (of all places) and get all excited and post about it.

Perhaps you should be venting your frustration at RIM's tight sealed lips rather than the people getting frustrated over their lack of anything.

But like you said..you'll get it when you get it (without any reviews first? Really?) so I guess no point coming here for news or tidbits eh?
    03-21-11 01:02 PM
    Sad to say but you are right. We can't force RIM to release the Playbook.

03-21-11 01:06 PM
    I completely agree. People continue to set themselves up for disappointment when they go creating their own dates and ideas about when information is going to be released, and then they bash RIM for not doing anything on those dates when RIM never said they would...
    I understand that RIM is really deserving of taking heat for not saying a single thing since September but in the end, all this worry and arguing won't make the date come any faster. I, like many others, would love this thing to come out this week, but I won't hold myself to it.
    03-21-11 01:28 PM
    10 days until March 31st. I sure do hope the PB is on the market by then or for your own sake you might not want to come on the forum b/c the negativity is going to increase by the following formula:

negativity = (individual's desire to own PB)^(# of times individual has heard RIM say Q1 release).
    03-21-11 02:14 PM
    10 days until March 31st. I sure do hope the PB is on the market by then or for your own sake you might not want to come on the forum b/c the negativity is going to increase by the following formula:

negativity = (individual's desire to own PB)^(# of times individual has heard RIM say Q1 release).
    Here's mine:

Frustration =

[(individual's desire to own PB)^(# of times individual has heard RIM say Q1 release).]^(money sitting in my savings account for 6 months collecting dust, not interest)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (How cool it is) X (amount of demo videos)

Simplification of the problem: RELEASE MY PLAYBOOK RIM
    03-21-11 02:38 PM
    Fitty needs to watch an amazing horse...
    03-21-11 04:49 PM
    beware of the demoware
    03-21-11 05:17 PM
    How to put the heat on RIM... charge into their HQ with a flamethrower and a few fire bombs, drop the bombs and start flaming everywhere in the building with the flamethrower. That should be enough heat for them
    03-21-11 06:05 PM
    10 days. I really hope RIM gets it out, or it will be a total **** storm in here. I'm disappointed they didn't get it out by now, too, but I bet all the trolls will crawl from the woodwork if RIM doesn't meet Q1
    03-21-11 09:44 PM
    10 days. I really hope RIM gets it out, or it will be a total **** storm in here. I'm disappointed they didn't get it out by now, too, but I bet all the trolls will crawl from the woodwork if RIM doesn't meet Q1
    You mean a total Storm1?
    03-21-11 09:45 PM
    You mean a total Storm1?
    I see what you did there.

03-21-11 09:46 PM
    I see what you did there.

hehehe being a former owner(i loved it, but no denying its issues) = enternal entitlement to associate the storm1 with something like that hahaha
    Last edited by dsquared2; 03-21-11 at 09:57 PM.
    03-21-11 09:48 PM
    hehehe being a formal owner(i loved it, but no denying its issues) = enternal entitlement to associate the storm1 with something like that hahaha
    "formal" owner? or did you mean former owner? (just checking) <g>
    03-21-11 09:55 PM
    "formal" owner? or did you mean former owner? (just checking) <g>
    Gah! I'm doing schoolwork right now, and was just talking about formality. editing post
    03-21-11 09:56 PM
    Gah! I'm doing schoolwork right now, and was just talking about formality. editing post
    schoolwork, eh? I have "do taxes" listed on my to-do list for tomorrow. I have to think of some way to put it off. I abhor doing my taxes due to the all the funky extra worksheets and schedules I have to fill out. Why in the **** can't they simplify the tax code??? (Don't answer--I know why)
    03-22-11 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD