Hi All,
    One of the reasons I was so eager to get my PB is to be able to easily take my home-based business presentations with me easily. Usually they are on a DVD. What's the best way to get them onto my PB? I got the 64Gig just so I'd not have to be concerned about the file sizes. Besides the video on the dvd, there are several power point presentations as well. Any suggestions on what software if conversions are necessary is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for suggestions.
    Brian
    04-23-11 10:08 PM
    It took a bit but Wifi file sharing is AMAZING. Very fast. I moved a ton of pics, music and videos as well as some PPT files that I am very happy about having on the playbook.

See http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...o-info-607314/ for info on video formats. With some conversion, everything should work fine - just depends on what format you have stuff in.

the power points need to be .ppt not .pptx - just save as "old powerpoint" not 2007 or 2010 and you should be fine.
    04-23-11 10:47 PM
    i have many videos in mp4 format that worked great for the e90 and n900 devices.

i just didnt take the time to transfer the 1+gb files et.

ill do one tonight and let you know...if it works, i have a great recomendation for software.

the ppt files work great as does the micro hdmi out to hdmi.

i am also going to try the micro hdmi to hdmi to vga converter to ppt projector. ill try that later too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 11:04 PM
    i am also going to try the micro hdmi to hdmi to vga converter to ppt projector. ill try that later too.

Please let us know how that goes for you. At my employment, the only connection that I have to the projectors is through VGA cable so I'm curious to see how this works out for you. It's probably a lot to ask, but if you could take a picture of how your ppt looks on the screen that would be awsome as well.

I know there was talk of eventually allowing the Playbook to send a ppt document wirelessly through to a projector - I think it was in one of the crackberry videos that was posted awhile ago. I'm hoping that comes out soon as well as that would really free me from being tied to a desk, i.e., I can walk around and lecture while holding the Playbook in my hand. That is cool.
    04-23-11 11:44 PM
    i have no doubt it will work ....hdmi out.

i currently use a nokia booklet 3g, which is hdmi out...i purchased the hdmi to vga converter from hp....worth every penny!

so the only addition will be the mico hdmi to hdmi and double female adapter....

i would trust going to multiple places using different projecters to rely on the wireless my self. i do presentations all over the country with many different version of ppt projectors...hdmi is getting there, but vga is on every one of them! it is important you get the reight converter because there are duferent types of digital hdmi plugs.

04-23-11 11:56 PM
    ok...just got home from a presentation...

worked fine...just connected it to an extra hd tv via vga to try it.

i have also shown how they are connected in tandem.

instead of having the long micro hdmi to hdmi, i have already ordered a small stubby adapter to eliminate some cordage!

hope this helps.

oh...and here is a link to the hdmi to vga converter...you have to have a converter, in order to get the digital signal transfered so the device can decifer the data.

HP HDMI to VGA Display Adapter | HP� Official Store
    04-24-11 01:03 AM
    oh...and i am transfering 2 different types of mp4. one formated for the e90, 800x320, and one for the e71, 320x240

ill report how they play.
    04-24-11 01:08 AM
    ok, so they play just fine.

i use SlySoft Products | Copy Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD products...and have created my own codec settings to allow for the e90 dimensions.

it is free to try, and worth every penny as it is enter the disc, and copy for mobile. then just connect to the device and transfer the mp4.

both play great.

the 320x240 is a bit pixelated, and the 800x320 fits the screen with about 1/16inch black bar on top and bottom.

i transfered 2 low quality files because of time to transfer a movie to the device.

i will try to transfer 1 more movie for the e90, because that seemed better, of a higher quality video rip and report back.
    04-24-11 01:12 AM
    ok...higher quality rip was even better...here are a couple of screen shots during play.

the robinsons is a lower quality but new movie, and the nokia 9000i communicator is an older movie at a higher quality.

hope that helps.
    04-24-11 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD