I have a Pay and Go Bold 9000 with Orange in the UK and recently acquired a BB Playbook. I was dismayed to learn that Blackberry Bridge would not work with BB 4.xxxx on the bold 9000. many enquiries to Orange for an upgrade to 5.xxx proved useless so I had to resort to manual means - what follows is a step-by-step 'how to' if you have an OLD 9000 with 4.x O/s.

For Orange UK customers go here - type this into goolge:

How To Upgrade Your BlackBerry OS Software to 5.0

On the page that opens in your browser use he 'pull down' to select the model of your handset.

For bold UK on Orange - select this.....

Software For BlackBerry� Bold� 9000 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1137 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1137
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.681
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.64
    File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL5.2.0.64_A5.0.0.681_Orang e_UK.exe
    File size: 124.75MBNote: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

NOTE: The file size is 125MB Check the size of the downloaded file or you will get an 'unable to load installer' error and will need to download again (this happened to me).

When you have downloaded the file, run the .exe on the pc and follow the onscreen prompts.

Ensure the Bold 9000 is connected to the PC but Desktop Manager is NOT active, the exe will invoke destop manager for you.

When Desktop Manager opens you will see update to 5.0.0.681 is ready for install.

Make a tea/coffe/beer/wine and start the install it takes <=30 minutes!

When complete, start Blackberry Bridge on the Playbook, hover over the QR Code with the Bold 9000 install Blackberry Bridge on the Bold 9000 and hey presto you have the PB and Bold 9000 Synced!

I have NO IDEA why the Blackberry Desktop does not inform you that 5.0.xxx is available for your Bold 9000 when in normal use. However, after hours and hours of working at this and dreading the thought of spending +�300 on a new sim free BB with 5+ 0/s installed JUST to get the bridge working seemed at best foolish and worst daylight robbery!

Hope this helps someone in the quest for seamless blackberry integration!

Bob
    11-30-11 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD