I've had my Playbook for almost a year now. While I like everything that it does, my inner geek is yearning to try something new. I'm looking for a tablet that provides a more customizablle UI. I want it to have integrated PIM apps, bit I also liked the idea of bridging to my BB phone. I want the typing experience to be improved. And I'd like to keep the 7" form factor.

I would feel bad putting my Playbook in a drawer when it's a perfectly good functioning tablet right now. Should I get the iPad 3? While it looks enticing, I'm not ready to dump 600.00 on a new device less than a year after I got my Playbook. Should I get the new 7.7" Galaxy tab running ICS? Wow! That one's expensive too!

Hmmmm... I know... I think I'll wait a little bit and pay $0.00 for for one of those new funky Playbook 2.0s! I can't wait for my mew Playbook!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-12 05:15 PM
    I'd upgrade to the 3G version of the PlayBook if it ever comes out...
    02-14-12 05:20 PM
    the ipad3 looks like nothing because nothing has been announced yet.
    02-14-12 05:23 PM
    Funny playbook user

My new playbook 2.0 will be free...match that Kindle-ing
    02-14-12 06:29 PM
    its not worth investing in android because the the month after there is always something new and better that will be released
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-14-12 06:30 PM
    With OS 2, it just might feel/look/act like a new tablet.
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 02-14-12 at 06:36 PM.
    02-14-12 06:31 PM
    I will be buying an ipad 3. The only reason why is live hockey. Why there is no live sport apps on the playbook is beyond me. Sure i could find some blurry flash video of a game but live hockey on an ipad is nice.
    02-14-12 06:36 PM
    I heard that new 7 inch Galaxy Tab has a dual-core 1Ghz processor. Cutting edge!
    02-14-12 06:41 PM
    Yep it is going to be just like getting a new tablet.
    02-14-12 06:44 PM
    I heard that new 7 inch Galaxy Tab has a dual-core 1Ghz processor. Cutting edge!
    In fact it's running Exynos that is much more capable than any other dual core. And it has a great Super AMOLED screen. Not that PB's screen is bad. It is great. But the Tab's screen is a good contended, especially with a somewhat larger area in a smaller/similar body and higher resolution.
    02-14-12 07:20 PM
    I've had my Playbook for almost a year now. While I like everything that it does, my inner geek is yearning to try something new. I'm looking for a tablet that provides a more customizablle UI. I want it to have integrated PIM apps, bit I also liked the idea of bridging to my BB phone. I want the typing experience to be improved. And I'd like to keep the 7" form factor.

I would feel bad putting my Playbook in a drawer when it's a perfectly good functioning tablet right now. Should I get the iPad 3? While it looks enticing, I'm not ready to dump 600.00 on a new device less than a year after I got my Playbook. Should I get the new 7.7" Galaxy tab running ICS? Wow! That one's expensive too!

Hmmmm... I know... I think I'll wait a little bit and pay $0.00 for for one of those new funky Playbook 2.0s! I can't wait for my new Playbook!
    Aww. You had me going there.............
    02-14-12 08:29 PM
    you mean the galaxy tab 2 recently announced? that's supposed to be a budget tab for Samsung, considering their cheapest 7 inch right now is the tab 7 plus with a 1.2 dual core exynos.
    Exactly. If it is the Tab 7.7, then it's 1.4Ghz Exynos, which is the winner among dual cores at the moment (until A15s roll out).
    02-14-12 08:36 PM
    i would wait and see for a bit, OS 2 should bring around some nice changes on the current PB that will tide you over for awhile.

There should some nice new ICS tabs being released along with the iPad 3 that we dont know much about quite yet.
    02-14-12 08:38 PM
    lol great post. I stream the habs to my playbook all the time. Quality is same as on tv. You can also get nhl center ice
    02-14-12 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD