Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By louzer
  • 1 Post By d_pang
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,364 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Getting a new tablet

I've had my Playbook for almost a year now. While I like everything that it does, my inner geek is yearning to try something new. I'm looking for a tablet that provides a more customizablle UI. I want it to have integrated PIM apps, bit I also liked the idea of bridging to my BB phone. I want the typing experience to be improved. And I'd like to keep the 7" form factor.

I would feel bad putting my Playbook in a drawer when it's a perfectly good functioning tablet right now. Should I get the iPad 3? While it looks enticing, I'm not ready to dump 600.00 on a new device less than a year after I got my Playbook. Should I get the new 7.7" Galaxy tab running ICS? Wow! That one's expensive too!

Hmmmm... I know... I think I'll wait a little bit and pay $0.00 for for one of those new funky Playbook 2.0s! I can't wait for my mew Playbook!
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    kbz1960 likes this.

I'd upgrade to the 3G version of the PlayBook if it ever comes out...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Genius

the ipad3 looks like nothing because nothing has been announced yet.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts

Funny playbook user

My new playbook 2.0 will be free...match that Kindle-ing
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

its not worth investing in android because the the month after there is always something new and better that will be released
    VanCity778 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

With OS 2, it just might feel/look/act like a new tablet.
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 02-14-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    “The true victory of Nichiren Buddhism is found in transforming misunderstanding into understanding, conflict into trust, and division into unity through the power of the Mystic Law.” ~ Daisaku Ikeda, SGI-USA President
    CrackBerry Addict

I will be buying an ipad 3. The only reason why is live hockey. Why there is no live sport apps on the playbook is beyond me. Sure i could find some blurry flash video of a game but live hockey on an ipad is nice.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

I heard that new 7 inch Galaxy Tab has a dual-core 1Ghz processor. Cutting edge!
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,591 Global Posts

Yep it is going to be just like getting a new tablet.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    I heard that new 7 inch Galaxy Tab has a dual-core 1Ghz processor. Cutting edge!
    In fact it's running Exynos that is much more capable than any other dual core. And it has a great Super AMOLED screen. Not that PB's screen is bad. It is great. But the Tab's screen is a good contended, especially with a somewhat larger area in a smaller/similar body and higher resolution.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    PIN
    2811b06c

Quote Originally Posted by louzer View Post
    I've had my Playbook for almost a year now. While I like everything that it does, my inner geek is yearning to try something new. I'm looking for a tablet that provides a more customizablle UI. I want it to have integrated PIM apps, bit I also liked the idea of bridging to my BB phone. I want the typing experience to be improved. And I'd like to keep the 7" form factor.

I would feel bad putting my Playbook in a drawer when it's a perfectly good functioning tablet right now. Should I get the iPad 3? While it looks enticing, I'm not ready to dump 600.00 on a new device less than a year after I got my Playbook. Should I get the new 7.7" Galaxy tab running ICS? Wow! That one's expensive too!

Hmmmm... I know... I think I'll wait a little bit and pay $0.00 for for one of those new funky Playbook 2.0s! I can't wait for my new Playbook!
    Aww. You had me going there.............
    Proud Citizen of Red Sox Nation~Happy Birthday, Fenway Park!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by NERD SWAGGER View Post
    you mean the galaxy tab 2 recently announced? that's supposed to be a budget tab for Samsung, considering their cheapest 7 inch right now is the tab 7 plus with a 1.2 dual core exynos.
    Exactly. If it is the Tab 7.7, then it's 1.4Ghz Exynos, which is the winner among dual cores at the moment (until A15s roll out).

Global Posts
    23,348 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

i would wait and see for a bit, OS 2 should bring around some nice changes on the current PB that will tide you over for awhile.

There should some nice new ICS tabs being released along with the iPad 3 that we dont know much about quite yet.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
    @howarmat
    Banned

lol great post. I stream the habs to my playbook all the time. Quality is same as on tv. You can also get nhl center ice