I have my Playbook on my wifi network ok, and can see the media folders from other devices.
    I want to:
    1) Get to the files on my WD MyBook drive (NAS) from my playbook (fixed IP & paths). As long as we're at it, I'd like to get to other network shares (non-fixed IPs, but that could be changed).
    2) View/Play/stream the files - photos, music, videos - on my Playbook without having to download them to it. (The WD MyBook has DNLE enabled, so it will stream to other media devices.)
    Using another computer, I can copy files into the Playbook's media folders and then view/play/edit them, but it's a pain to have to use another computer to do that - I got the Playbook so I didn't have to!
    I could live with having to download them to the Playbook if I had to if I could do so FROM the Playbook, but streaming is the ultimate goal. What I'm doing now is so annoying it has me looking for another tab.
    Otherwise - no complaints about my Playbook!
    01-25-14 05:29 PM
    Sideload ES File Explorer and you should be good to go.
    01-25-14 06:38 PM
    I use Kalemsoft media player to access media files from my NAS (DNLA). For accessing shared files (copy, delete, move, etc.) I use Ghost Commander.
    01-25-14 10:48 PM
    Thanks, I'll try them - where can I get them?
    01-26-14 12:38 PM
    Sorry for the obvious questions: got a link on how to sideload & where I can get ES File Explorer?
    01-26-14 12:39 PM
    Sorry for the obvious questions: got a link on how to sideload & where I can get ES File Explorer?
    ES File Explorer for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps
    01-26-14 12:53 PM
    Both can be downloaded from Blackberryworld. Ghost commander is free, Kalemsoft media player is $4.99usd.
    01-26-14 08:50 PM
    Worked great thanks.
    ES File Ex had some weird error opening some AVI files - player not available or some such - but the file opened in the OS video player. Not sure how, but I guess it needs to be associated; more investigation needed there.
    Picked up on the network shares without a hitch.

Can't find Netflix app - surely there is one? Most odd, it seemed so obvious I never gave it any thought.
    Now I need a torrenter and XBMC and I'll be all set for a long cold winter.
    01-27-14 07:38 PM
    No Netflix and no xbmc. Sorry
    01-27-14 09:02 PM