I thought I would try to side load some apk files onto my old Playbook. I get an failure 500 'Package-Id' message when trying to sideload the apk file. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 03:10 PM
    It's impossible to do any troubleshooting or give you any advice with so little information.

However for more information on sideloading apks on a PlayBook, check out this post.
    12-26-16 03:13 PM
    Usually that error is when the app is not android 2.3.3
    By the way.. its bar file not apk. Did you convert your apps?
    12-26-16 03:52 PM
    It's impossible to do any troubleshooting or give you any advice with so little information.

However for more information on sideloading apks on a PlayBook, check out this post.
    Thanks. I tried side loading wireless on Google Chrome, but maybe I will need to try manually as your link described.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 03:57 PM
    I thought I would try to side load some apk files onto my old Playbook. I get an failure 500 'Package-Id' message when trying to sideload the apk file. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    You need to convert the .apk to .bar format using a website such as www.apk2bar.org then sideload that .bar using a browser extension for Blackberry or a program called DDBT or Sachesi. There are a number of options for sideloading.
    12-26-16 04:00 PM
    I would recommend following the steps in the article I mentioned above. I have successfully installed some Android apps but TBH, it wasn't worth it. A real PITA.

BTW, here's another (albeit older from 2012) article that might help: http://www.blackberryos.com/playbook...bar-files.html

As the other posters here have mentioned, you have to sideload the .bar files, not the .apk. If you search Google for "playbook 500 failure" you'll get a bunch of hits with that info as well.
    12-26-16 04:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here is a tip for you: Look at the specs or minimum requirements for the apk file. If the app requires anything greater (newer) than android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, then there is NO chance it will work, so you are wasting your time. If the app requires 2.3.3 or less, then it MAY work. Even those with a 2.3 requirement sometimes do not install/work, so it is a trial and error process.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-26-16 04:09 PM
    ^^What they said

There are sites out there that archive android APKs meant for version 2.3. You'll have the best success converting and trying these ones.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 07:37 PM
    ^^What they said

There are sites out there that archive android APKs meant for version 2.3. You'll have the best success converting and trying these ones.
    Yep, that's the link I provided above: List Of Working PlayBook BAR Files
    12-26-16 08:22 PM
    Many of those apps no longer work, however.
    12-26-16 09:02 PM
    Yeah I'm not talking about sites that archive PlayBook specific BARs. Most don't work. Your best bet is to Google APKS meant for 2.3 and then convert yourself. That's where I've had most success.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 09:31 PM
    Many of those apps no longer work, however.
    Kind of makes sense but you might find some that do. In any event good luck.
    12-26-16 10:26 PM
    Please help me with my z30 nothing android works
    01-16-18 01:52 PM
    Please help me with my z30 nothing android works
    Welcome to crackberry.

But I honestly don't know how you think someone can help you with that amount of information. That's like posting something at an automobile forum asking for help because your car doesn't work.
    01-16-18 01:55 PM