Maybe its just me but im bored with my playbook.. With not that many apps on blackberry world and very few games that i already beat probably twice already i dont know what to do. I was really excited when gameloft released a whole bunch of games and i thought the best was yet to come but i havent seen any good games as of late except for angry birds (another game i beat about a year ago). When browsing the internet i can get soo frustrated with the lack of responsiveness. One thing i wish the playbook had was a "next" button on the keyboard.. For instance if i wanna pay a bill online and i have to type my information in each box, why cant i press the "next " button rather then pressing each individual line by hand on the browser? I believe bridging is a great tool but its just not realistic. i have a bold 9930 and sometimes i can be waiting a while to connect to an internet site.. Now im not expecting lightning speeds but since i am running the most recent os i would expect it to be fairly good. I really do pray come february that the release of 2.0 is all we expect it to be. I believe when 2.0 comes out and if its a big disappointment it could be the very end for rim. Ive had blackberry phones for a very long time but its hard trying to defend them to others when their are samsung, android and apple phones to choose from. Im not a hater at all about blackberry products i just dont understand why this company moves at a snails pace while others are blowing right by them.
    Guiglet likes this.
    12-24-11 10:15 PM
    Methinks if gaming is what you're after, the PB is the wrong platform.
    Last edited by BC_Dude308; 12-24-11 at 10:35 PM.
    CanadianThomas and jorkat80 like this.
    12-24-11 10:23 PM
    Whilst text entry and the keyboard aren't perfect, there is a return key.
    BuzzStarField and Mochizmo like this.
    12-24-11 10:27 PM
    there is a "go" or "enter" button, no next button
    12-24-11 10:35 PM
    gaming is not what im just after, but it would be nice to have a nice assortment of good games to pass the time, thats all
    12-24-11 10:40 PM
    there is a "go" or "enter" button, no next button
    I know, I was suggesting you use it
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-24-11 10:47 PM
    if u read my post i was asking about a next button. Theres a difference between a go button and next button
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-24-11 10:51 PM
    I know, I was suggesting you use it

the next button on the ios platform moves the cursor to the NEXT box when you're filling out a form or just a log in with pw screen. The return button is the same as enter and after you put in your login touching return would not log you in since the pw is missing
    12-24-11 10:55 PM
    Then perhaps you'd best go with the platform you obviously prefer. If a "next" button is so pivotal to your tablet experience then quite obviously Playbook isn't for you. Of course, you might also consider why you have so much time on your hands that you find yourself bored.
    12-24-11 11:02 PM
    the "next" button would be the same as a "tab" button on the keyboard and yes either of those 2 options would be great
    curvezzz and D_Whatley like this.
    12-24-11 11:04 PM
    hey hpjrt i didnt say it was soo pivotal but it would be nice and according to u if someone is bored then they have too much time on their hands?
    12-24-11 11:08 PM
    I really do pray come february that the release of 2.0 is all we expect it to be.
    For some it will be what they expect it to be. For others it's not going to. That's just the way life goes. You can't satisfy everyone.
    12-24-11 11:09 PM
    u cant satisfy everyone but satisfying 90 percent of people sounds pretty good lol
    12-24-11 11:13 PM
    dead space is a great way to past the time...and scare yourself sh!tless LOL. your also on a CDMA network and running bridge for internet is snail pace..im running Bell CDMA threw my 9550 and its faster just to read it on my phone lol. i agree with the fact that OS2 has to be the life saver for the PB and i think RIM knows this
    12-24-11 11:21 PM
    um, since you're now using a device where you can just use the browser to do what apps are for on small phones, how are apps going to help you? Are you going to take a sudden interest in ES File Explorer to entertain yourself? just razzing ya. Seriously though I'm with the other guy who posted above, you're looking for more gaming. I'll suggest a PS3 or XBox. If not, start getting more into watching movies. Have you tried digital comics? streaming video? plenty of really cool History Channel HD documentary series out there too. Ancient Aliens is pretty cool in a nerdy / weird yet entertaining kind of way *cough* torrent is your friend *cough*
    Lead_Express likes this.
    12-24-11 11:48 PM
    dead space is a great way to past the time...and scare yourself sh!tless LOL. your also on a CDMA network and running bridge for internet is snail pace..im running Bell CDMA threw my 9550 and its faster just to read it on my phone lol. i agree with the fact that OS2 has to be the life saver for the PB and i think RIM knows this
    I think it's the carriers and signals too. I'm on Verizon, and all over the place sometimes. My bridge speeds are pretty much my phone speeds on 3G with 3 or 4 bars. When I'm in areas where my signal is weaker, the speeds slow up. I'm impressed with my bridge speeds so far. FWIW using a 9930 and still with .254
    12-25-11 12:03 AM
    Maybe its just me but im bored with my playbook.. With not that many apps on blackberry world and very few games that i already beat probably twice already i dont know what to do. I was really excited when gameloft released a whole bunch of games and i thought the best was yet to come but i havent seen any good games as of late except for angry birds (another game i beat about a year ago). When browsing the internet i can get soo frustrated with the lack of responsiveness. One thing i wish the playbook had was a "next" button on the keyboard.. For instance if i wanna pay a bill online and i have to type my information in each box, why cant i press the "next " button rather then pressing each individual line by hand on the browser? I believe bridging is a great tool but its just not realistic. i have a bold 9930 and sometimes i can be waiting a while to connect to an internet site.. Now im not expecting lightning speeds but since i am running the most recent os i would expect it to be fairly good. I really do pray come february that the release of 2.0 is all we expect it to be. I believe when 2.0 comes out and if its a big disappointment it could be the very end for rim. Ive had blackberry phones for a very long time but its hard trying to defend them to others when their are samsung, android and apple phones to choose from. Im not a hater at all about blackberry products i just dont understand why this company moves at a snails pace while others are blowing right by them.
    yep the keyboard sucks. both android and iOS have way better usability in terms of having simple little things like "next" for form input fields. my time trying to get more use out of the playbook (installing 2.0 beta, rooting, android marketplace etc etc) has been very trying. who knows if OS 2.0 will even come out in february.
    12-25-11 12:52 AM
    welll to the OP - thats just exactly how i feel.
    i think my honeymoon period for the PB is over (had it since june) lol...i'll still continue to use it daily but I guess for me the wow factor of having a tablet doesn't apply.

I also don't want to get my hopes up for OS 2 and then have RIM not deliver but then again based on their survey I pretty much have high hopes. lol.

anyways merry xmas everyone!
    12-25-11 12:56 AM
    Machinarium is nice, and so are a couple games at playbookbars, like the pool game.
    12-25-11 01:12 AM
    PB should at least come out with a few decent game right? now just target business users.. Maybe not alot of business are succeeding lately, thats why rim's target at business user isn't selling so well.. maybe change market target to like to a different crowd
    12-25-11 01:16 AM
    If you are bored with the toy, you can always play with the box it came in.
    12-25-11 02:27 AM
    Yeah a next or tab button would be nice to have.

I'd like to see some more games too. But not from gameloft (thiefloft).
    12-25-11 04:12 AM
    The PB will not satisfy the user with an appitite for games. Sure there are some games available for the PB, but i guess it was not the primairy goal for PB to target those people. However, the name "playbook" could suggest otherwise. On the other hand: developers are free to make as many games as they can but they find reasons not to do so.

Like suggested, an additional device to satisfy your games needs is a good solution.
    12-25-11 07:46 AM
    um, since you're now using a device where you can just use the browser to do what apps are for on small phones, how are apps going to help you? Are you going to take a sudden interest in ES File Explorer to entertain yourself? just razzing ya. Seriously though I'm with the other guy who posted above, you're looking for more gaming. I'll suggest a PS3 or XBox. If not, start getting more into watching movies. Have you tried digital comics? streaming video? plenty of really cool History Channel HD documentary series out there too. Ancient Aliens is pretty cool in a nerdy / weird yet entertaining kind of way *cough* torrent is your friend *cough*
    torrentz work on PB! or you mean from desktop/laptop to PB
    12-25-11 09:55 AM
    apps and games are the key to any tablet and the playbook lacks both
    12-25-11 10:01 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD