I'm going to get me another PB. I got a 16GB right now and want another 64GB. My wife wants my 16GB. So what I want to do is give the old one a new ID and put the new one on the current ID. How do I do that?
    She doesn't care about any of my apps, she just wants to surf the web with it and do video chat with me. I want all my current apps on my new one. Is this possible?
    01-18-12 09:51 PM
    yes.
    Security wipe the 16GB first and then set up her BBID. With your new 64GB use your old BBID and all your apps will be available either in your installed or uninstalled MYAppWorld.
    ralfyguy and blue-b like this.
    01-18-12 10:12 PM
    Yep, easiest way is a Security Wipe. I think it took me about an hour last time? Anyone else confirm?

Unfortunately you'll have to sit through reinstalling all your apps on your new PB but at least it gives you another chance to delete/keep off some of the apps you never used before.

EDIT: Oh, and backup the data you have on your old Playbook before you wipe it! This will retain your pictures/movies and such for your new Playbook.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-18-12 10:18 PM
    Yep, easiest way is a Security Wipe. I think it took me about an hour last time? Anyone else confirm?

Unfortunately you'll have to sit through reinstalling all your apps on your new PB but at least it gives you another chance to delete/keep off some of the apps you never used before.

EDIT: Oh, and backup the data you have on your old Playbook before you wipe it! This will retain your pictures/movies and such for your new Playbook.
    The security wipe can vary depending on the HD capacity of your PB. It will take longer on the 64GB than on the 16GB and also depends on how much stuff you already have stored on your PB.
    01-19-12 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD