Does anyone remember Kevin's video back in September, about a very spiffy looking case/keyboard/trackpad/stand combo for the Playbook? Well where the heckfire is it! How long has the Playbook been out and still no official BT Keyboard from RIM! I already have a nice enough BT keyboard that works fine, but that form factor really looked like it had it all for me. Does everything associated with RIM have to move at such a glacial pace? Doesn't RIM know by now that we are all Veruca Salt when it comes to our precious?
    Last edited by mmcpher; 02-17-12 at 01:24 PM. Reason: excitable boy language blocked
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 01:23 PM
    There was a post last month on the blog page with leaked slides about RIM's BT keyboard. It is speculated that it may launch with the PB 2.0 update.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-mini-keyboard
    Willard814 and mmcpher like this.
    02-17-12 01:36 PM
    Hopefully it will be available shortly after the release of 2.0. They probably needed to bake in some code/drivers for the keyboard and track-pad to work 100% as intended.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 01:38 PM
    It works well now. Should be here in a few weeks.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 01:40 PM
    K-Mich said in the forums that it will be available very soon and close to OS2.0 launch date...
    Willard814 and cdelcampo216 like this.
    02-17-12 01:42 PM
    I would buy it in a heart beat, but given how RIM is drag a$$'in with OS 2.0 don't hold your breath. We should do a Occupy Waterloo, until RIM gets their act together.
    02-17-12 01:46 PM
    I wish RIM had a pre-order for this. I would have signed up months ago, it is exactly what I have been wanting for my PB.
    Last edited by drew.dana; 02-18-12 at 09:47 AM.
    Willard814 and justincase1911 like this.
    02-17-12 02:06 PM
    Will RIM keep the price around the $100.00 like the other case / keyboards ???
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 02:10 PM
    There was a post last month on the blog page with leaked slides about RIM's BT keyboard. It is speculated that it may launch with the PB 2.0 update.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-mini-keyboard
    Thanks TBone, I forgot this and my quick search failed to pick it up. I also saw a few articles about the keyboard/case making an appearance at Devcon Europe and the Playbook was actually on in the still pictures! But I haven't seen it in actual operation anywhere. I expect that a quality accessory will be able to be utilized as the anchor device continues to update its OS. Yet when it comes to approved accessories, RIM seems as plodding as the carriers are with Officical OS's. Its a little nutty. In my case, I am a willing and patient buyer who has been walking past all manner of periferals for other tablets forever, just waiting for RIM to at least get out and show its committment to its own product. I want the real thing, not some knock-off retro-fitted to a Playbook.
    02-17-12 02:15 PM
    Been waiting since April for it to release, I just don't get it
    02-17-12 04:09 PM
    DIdn't The Who have a song about RIM's "new" management? You know, "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
    02-17-12 04:46 PM
    I think most people expected this out roughly a month or so after the PB release, not a year...
    02-17-12 04:46 PM
    SEARCH THE FORUM!

Thanks
    02-17-12 04:51 PM
    I'll take advantage of the bridge update where you can control your PB with your phone. I've got the 9900, might as well make good use of the amazing keyboard.
    But this is still a beautiful case
    02-17-12 05:02 PM
    SEARCH THE FORUM!

Thanks
    I did, but not well enough. The Blog post called it a mini-keyboard, so maybe that's why I didn't pick it up. And a blog post is different than a forum post. The comments to a blog post are immediate but the discussions is usually short-lived. And there are things that can be discussed freely on the forum that Kevin might not want to put into a blog post. But sorry anyway.
    dukevn likes this.
    02-17-12 05:11 PM
    Sad, VERY SAD....this item should have been released months ago. Its #1 on my list of accessories even with the potential of a Blackberry phone keypad through bridge......it just looks KOOL and professional. A MUST have
    02-17-12 05:33 PM
    If it is supposed to be available with the launch of OS2, and if OS2 is supposed to be launched Tuesday, wouldn't these already have been shipped to brick and mortar stores throughout the US by now? And if so, pics or info would have surely been leaked..
    02-17-12 06:01 PM
    I don't expect to use the keyboard/case every day. Wouldn't that turn the Playbook into an underpowered, undersized netbook? But when I have some drafting to do it would be nice. I guess we will see in a few days but even if it required 2.0, there are plenty of us running the beta who would have "preordered".
    02-18-12 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD