Blackberry phones have a back button. A dedicated back gesture would be nice.
    Just Me, SK122387 and raremage like this.
    04-26-12 07:55 PM
    Blackberry phones have a back button. A dedicated back gesture would be nice.
    Well there is a dedicated "back out of every app" gesture that is: slide from the bottom bezel inwards to the center of the screen.

OR are you wanting a back feature like android???
    04-26-12 07:58 PM
    Well there is a dedicated "back out of every app" gesture that is: slide from the bottom bezel inwards to the center of the screen.

OR are you wanting a back feature like android???
    Well i mean if you are in the browser, it would be nice just to swipe from right to left to go back a page and vice versa
    hpulley likes this.
    04-26-12 07:59 PM
    Well i mean if you are in the browser, it would be nice just to swipe from right to left to go back a page and vice versa
    Oh ok. Gotcha
    04-26-12 08:05 PM
    get yourself a webos phone in the mean time. they have a dedicated back gesture that can be used for browser navigation.
    04-26-12 08:27 PM
    get yourself a webos phone in the mean time. they have a dedicated back gesture that can be used for browser navigation.
    Im not buying another phone to have a back gesture lol.
    04-26-12 08:36 PM
    I'm sure new things like what you mention will be in a future upgrade. A send to feature is being talked about in the beta zone too. I would like to see this and more come to fruition.
    04-26-12 11:31 PM
    I'd like to see a gesture that would allow someone to scroll to the top of a web page or the bottom of the page in one go instead of constantly flicking up or down as is the currently the case.
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-27-12 12:04 AM
    I just want a home button in browser.
    04-27-12 12:49 AM
    I can think of a couple of gestures I've wanted to implement towards RIM, but I don't think it's what the OP meant.
    04-27-12 06:00 AM
    I just want a home button in browser.
    Let's see... the home buttom takes you to the starting screen... Most of us use the favorite list as the starting screen... hmmm.....
    04-27-12 06:17 AM
    Let's see... the home buttom takes you to the starting screen... Most of us use the favorite list as the starting screen... hmmm.....
    A home button takes you to a website you set as home your website.
    04-27-12 06:24 AM
    If you use the Little X and close all tabs, it will bring you back to your HOME page. But you cannot do that if you want to keep some tabs open.
    04-27-12 09:09 AM
    Just implementing that diagonal-ish swipe that the android player has, would go a long way. Also a quick top/bottom for the browser would be nice
    04-27-12 09:25 AM
    I think that you may be on to something. I would like a "back to top of page" Gesture for the Web Browser myself.
    evozero likes this.
    04-27-12 09:47 AM
    I think that you may be on to something. I would like a "back to top of page" Gesture for the Web Browser myself.
    I feel their pain though (the devs, that is) because it's not like they have this awesome keyboard to use as hotkeys like the did on the handhelds. I'm keepin my fingers crossed
    04-28-12 09:01 AM
    Try the Dolphin Browser. It has exactly what you are asking for. Draw a quick arrow on the screen and the browser goes forward, backward, jumps to top or bottom of the page. Extremely well implemented and FAST. Love that feature.

But yes, native implementation would be very nice, but seeing as we still can't do something as basic as rearrange bookmarks, I doubt browser gestures are on RIM's to-do list.
    04-28-12 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD