looking to replace my netbook with the playbook ..
    some of the things i need is being able to create a word type doc.
    and also spreed sheet

and with watching movies .. the digital copy of the movie can that be downloaded to the playbook ?

is there a native calendar and contact app for it .

right now on my netbook i use open office and Thunderbird w/lighting for email and calendar

thanks for the help
    11-21-11 09:45 PM
    While netbook keyboards can be constrained, typing on the glass screen is not that easy. In addition, netbooks generally have cursor keys to move the cursor to where you need to edit. Moving the cursor on the screen is not that easy and can be a pain-in-the-buttt. The word version is quite limited - to mainly typing text and not much in the way of formatting or adding stuff like pictures/charts/etc. There is no search function.

The spreadsheet does not allow copy/paste of one cell or a block of cells. It has some other serious limitations as to formulas.

Some expect it to be improved in Feb. But buy it based on what it does and do not count on any improvements.

If I understand the movie/dvd question - I don't think you can copy the digital version to the pb directly as it probably does not have the means to work around the drm. You would need to somehow find a desktop program to copy to the computer (breaking drm or removing it) and then copy to the pb. It's video presentation once on-board is quite nice. But currently there is no wireless/bluetooth so you need to use its speakers or wired headphones.

The current pb uses the calendar and contacts from a bb phone using Bridge. It contains no native apps.

Finding working models is hard but see if you can and try it out.
    11-21-11 10:49 PM
    if i get the video from disk to the PC is there any certain format i need to make sure that it go into ??
    11-22-11 12:28 PM
    i did exactly what youre looking at doing..replaced netbook with playbook,and i havent looked back.
    11-22-11 01:45 PM
    cool thanks ..
    what do you think about this
    Next Video Converter 3.61
    is this something that anyone has done and can tell me more about
    11-22-11 02:23 PM
    i would stick with mp4 formate for videos and movies.
    11-22-11 02:58 PM
    If you search for converting movies or something similar, you will find a few good discussions about getting movies loaded and converted for the Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD