I broke down and am trying Verizon's WiFi Hotspot at 20 skins per month for 2 GB. I can use it to communicate with my PB and either my older S2 (no 3g) or my 3g active Torch 9850. My Torch 9850 & PB work about as advertised.

My S2 works a tad: I can browse and check emails OK. However, when I try Garmin or GoogleMaps, I get a wonky message to the effect that somebody cannot find its 3g data or what. I just cannot believe that GPS data is not being pushed to my S2 over this WiFi link. What ? (Proly needs Howarmat or above.) Any hope for my S2 and its apps here ?

Not to mention that I paid 50 skins for a "lifetime" copy of Garmin for my S2. It is NOT the 50 skins that bugs me - its how much effort RIM has placed on getting Android apps to work on our PBs. Factoid: iPHONE apps work on iPADs. Another factoid: apparently Garmin / GoogleMaps or the equivalent STILL does not work on iPHONE ! Wow !!! &^%%650&&# !!! Doc Neutron
    elbo likes this.
    04-18-12 09:11 PM
    This does seem like an issue where the storm 2 is not getting full data but I do not know why some devices work fully with hotspot and why some do not. Since you are paying for the hotspot you should get full support from VZW on the issue. They would be give you a firm yes or no on why this is not working.
    04-19-12 05:43 PM
    Next time use dollars instead of skins.
    04-19-12 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD