I recently got a playbook, and a still playing around trying things out. 2 days ago I played some podcsts and audio was working. Today, the audio is garbled on all applications. It's noisy, and almost sounds like it's playing in slow motion.

I did sideload some apps, and had a crash running words with friends. This is the only thing going I can think of that would be classified as odd behavior with it. I had to restart it, and since then the audio just doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?
    03-09-12 01:45 PM
    Hey guys, I should have thought of this, but I did a hard reset after finding out how and that seemed to fix the problem.
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-09-12 02:12 PM
    Reboot/restarting is what I was going to recommend. Check it out again a few times to make sure it clears up.
    03-09-12 05:02 PM
    I have run into this issue 2 more times. Out of the blue apps will start having audio issues. It has to be software related because a reboot seems to fix it each time.

Is there any way that sideloading apps could have caused this? I don't want to do a wipe and reinstall, but I am assuming that is the next logical step.
    03-11-12 07:57 PM
    Could be. How about just trying to remove the suspect apps first.
    03-11-12 08:31 PM
    Have you tried UNinstalling the various sideloaded apps? Try that, see how it goes, then reinstall one at a time.

You might also mention which apps - someone else may have also run into issues.
    03-11-12 08:43 PM
    Thanks, I will give that a whirl. I haven't installed a ton of apps. Pulse, Words With Friends, and a few others. Words with Friends crashed big time the other day though, and required a restart. I will start by removing it. Anything I installed 'works' according to the threads I got them from on here, but who knows.
    03-11-12 11:09 PM
    I had this audio problem for the first time today, after loading the music player. Only recent change in usage was last night, I had been using the HDMI connection to my HDTV. After checking the sound and HDMI settings and still getting the garbled & stretched audio, I went to the Restart. After the few minutes of rebooting, normal sound was back on.

Haven't heard much mentioned here about using the Restart more frequently, but I think it's necessary to clear memory and when apps lockup, don't fully function, or the browser crashes; those are signs that the cpu is clogging up, imo. For me, all performance issues are fixed by this. My work pc requires restarts due to memory intensive software, and I also shutdown it and home laptop at the end of everyday, the PlayBook should be no different.
    03-12-12 12:19 AM
    Ive ran into the same issues on a few occasions. Other then google maps, I have also side loaded words with friends. Im starting to wonder if that could be the culprit???

fyi: forgot to include that a restart also fixed this problem
    Last edited by spotlightLQ; 03-12-12 at 08:01 AM.
    03-12-12 07:55 AM
    i had the same problem last night, it was like it was low on RAM, i tried recording a video, was very step-by-step and not a clear flow HD camera. also youtube video's didnt play quickly and sounds were slow aswell as notifications.

a restart solved that problem.
    03-12-12 07:56 AM
    If anyone EVER has a problem (with anything), HARD RESET!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-12-12 08:02 AM
    If anyone EVER has a problem (with anything), HARD RESET!
    +1 I totally agree. HARD RESET should be the first thing tried when any problems occur
    03-12-12 08:08 AM
    I had this audio problem for the first time today, after loading the music player. Only recent change in usage was last night, I had been using the HDMI connection to my HDTV. After checking the sound and HDMI settings and still getting the garbled & stretched audio, I went to the Restart. After the few minutes of rebooting, normal sound was back on.

Haven't heard much mentioned here about using the Restart more frequently, but I think it's necessary to clear memory and when apps lockup, don't fully function, or the browser crashes; those are signs that the cpu is clogging up, imo. For me, all performance issues are fixed by this. My work pc requires restarts due to memory intensive software, and I also shutdown it and home laptop at the end of everyday, the PlayBook should be no different.
    Good to see I am not alone lol.

The restart or hard reset does clear the problem up as mentioned. But the thing is, a couple of the times this happened I hadn't been doing anything with the device. The last time it happened, I had the sound issue and done a restart previously. I tested the audio by playing a random youtube video (it worked), and then not used the device until later in the day. When I went to use it again, the audio problem was back. So if it's a memory issue or the 'cpu clogging up' it's happening on it's own while the I am not even using the device.
    03-12-12 08:14 AM
    Good to see I am not alone lol.

The restart or hard reset does clear the problem up as mentioned. But the thing is, a couple of the times this happened I hadn't been doing anything with the device. The last time it happened, I had the sound issue and done a restart previously. I tested the audio by playing a random youtube video (it worked), and then not used the device until later in the day. When I went to use it again, the audio problem was back. So if it's a memory issue or the 'cpu clogging up' it's happening on it's own while the I am not even using the device.
    This exact problem hasn't ever happened to me, however many problems have. Nothing that a hard reset could fix though!
    03-12-12 08:19 AM
    this happened to me last night. i was watching a youtube video, paused it, watched another video (can't remember what or through which app though) then when i resumed my initial video the audio was trashy. refreshing the page resolved the issue.
    03-12-12 09:08 AM
    I surprised with all the replies in this thread that there hasn't been more threads posted about this issue before. Something new related to OS2 or running Android apps?
    03-12-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD