Per Samsung.

Samsung: GalaxyTab "Inadequate" in Face of iPad 2 (AAPL, S, T, VZ)

Should be interesting as the competition heats up. I hope RIM gets on board and gets aggressive.
    03-05-11 03:52 PM
    He spoke too soon. He should have watched Conan's spoof first. It might have cheered him up a bit.
    03-05-11 04:13 PM
    So.... do you release it and haul **** to release a better version? I'm guessing this far into it they have some produced items like the actual casings which, if they want to make it thinner, they're going to have to remanufacture at some solid cost, still dropping price point to compete. Apple killed it using their old screens and possibly memory. When you use what you've got on hand, it drops the cost. Samsung probably bought a bunch of new stuff for their 10. I think we know one company that's going to struggle in the field. The Tab wasn't that great to begin with. The 10 really has to show some muscle. Honeycomb will be on several tabs here in the next 8-9 months. Good luck, Samsung.
    03-05-11 04:20 PM
    there was a thread in the Android section about this. The tab for the most part was on par with what was coming out. It did lack some ports and such but it wasnt bad otherwise. It was originally reported they were only going to adjust the price. So its unclear what they will actually do. They cant afford to wait to redesign and release in 3 months really.
    03-05-11 04:28 PM
    I think we'll see a significant price drop. It was suppose to cost more than the 7" Tab.

I don't think they'll redesign anything. IMO price was their issue. They left a few things off the Tab that Xoom had but the Tab was probably more on par with the iPad spec wise yet they probably was going to be asking $150-200 more than the iPad
    03-05-11 06:21 PM
    So.... do you release it and haul **** to release a better version?
    That worked for Apple!
    03-05-11 08:05 PM
    there was a thread in the Android section about this. The tab for the most part was on par with what was coming out. It did lack some ports and such but it wasnt bad otherwise. It was originally reported they were only going to adjust the price. So its unclear what they will actually do. They cant afford to wait to redesign and release in 3 months really.
    They can afford to wait. It's not like the world is clamoring for tablets, just iPads. Until an actual tablet market opens up, nobody is late, imo.
    03-05-11 08:07 PM
    They can afford to wait. It's not like the world is clamoring for tablets, just iPads. Until an actual tablet market opens up, nobody is late, imo.
    Let's hope the PlayBook is the game-changer there then
    03-05-11 08:16 PM
    Let's hope the PlayBook is the game-changer there then
    Oh, it will be...one way or another....hopefully the right way.
    03-05-11 08:27 PM
    I'm just glad i won't need one of these for my Playbook. I gotta draw the line somewhere, and this Flaming "C" oven mitt is the line in the sand for me.

03-05-11 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD