Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    18,716 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by deRusett View Post
    I'm not really shocked Samsung beat Apple, just like Dell beat Apple
    I highly suspect if one did some digging they'd see a very heavily locked out Android, again NO android Market places, like the Dell Streak, I can't see Apple Bastardizing their experience to get FIPS, The RIM experience was never App focused, so RIM doesn't bastardize it by locking out App world and 3rd Party Apps, with BES full control is given to the admin of the devices, not so with GOOD and AES which are used for managing the other devices.
    This is a key point.

People should not get the impression that these are the same devices that you can pick up at your local retailer. These devices are severely locked down, to the point that they bear little resemblance, functionality wise, to the Android or iOS that people love. This is NOT BYOD. That's a way off yet for the feds.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    Thanks for the clarification... I would like to know which agencies would pick based off of level, but that would be hard to figure out I guess.
    Security level requirements are likely to be determined by the requirements of individual deployments and user clearances. For example, a HR or admin support manager in a sensitive organisation may carry a lower level of security clearance than other employees who handle sensitive data but carry a lower pay grade.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    Thanks for the clarification... I would like to know which agencies would pick based off of level, but that would be hard to figure out I guess.

Frankly, I was also shocked Samsung beat Apple to it as well.

Mobile post via Tapatalk

Frankly, it depends on which agency and which level of Government you're at - feds adhere to much stricter standards than some states and the same is true down to the local level. For highly sensitive data, high level security is a must but sensitive data is not only held in agencies such as the NSA or the CIA - from a personal standpoint, do you believe your personal info (health data, ID info, etc) is sensitive? You'd want that data protected if it was being thrown around in Government databases and emails, right? However, it all depends on how receptive that agency is to the demand that they protect your info...

Its also what is financially feasible to the agency; if it seems they could get 1000 playbooks with a higher level of security features for the same price as the Sammys (and they have the correct infrastructure to support them) then why not go with a higher level of protection? Finances balanced with Politics balanced with cover your a** . So in a nutshell, its tough to tell what technology will land where... But from an admin's standpoint, stronger security for the same price should generally win out...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    9650 to 9930 to Q10 to Z30 all with Playbook in tow
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,606 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NERD SWAGGER View Post
    I'm not knowledgeable on this security stuff but this news just came out a lil bit ago. One of the pros of androids open source os. Would be cool to get this baked in a custom from on one of my androids

NSA releases own version of android:
    Security Enhanced Android Released By NSA | xda-developers
    Interesting. I didn't know of this.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

You guys are pathetic.

This is an amazing feat for Samsung. I applaud them! Who said a little competition is bad?
    kennyliu likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

Quote Originally Posted by mithrazor View Post
    Who said a little competition is bad?
    My point exactly
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12