Has anyone had any sucsess in tethering the Samsung Galaxy S II for internet browsing?.
    While I wait for the 9900 I have the use of this device and wish to use it as a modem.
    I have it paired under bluetooth but when I try to tether it cannot be seen.

Appreciate any feedback / user experiences.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 04:35 PM
    I tried to tether last week and it connected fine.
    I don't know why it's not seen on your PB?
    Btw, as u have the SGS II, why don't u use the WiFi Portable Hotspot instead?
    Use the same data plan as Bluetooth Tether though.. And u will be able to use App World.
    07-27-11 04:58 PM
    [QUOTE=timmartin;6518205]Has anyone had any sucsess in tethering the Samsung Galaxy S II for internet browsing?.
    While I wait for the 9900 I have the use of this device and wish to use it as a modem.
    I have it paired under bluetooth but when I try to tether it cannot be seen.

Appreciate any feedback / user experiences.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry

you are not alone, my friend at work face same problem,
    07-27-11 05:26 PM
    Have you actually tried this since the latest PB update (2670)?. I am unable to use the portable hotspot feature or the bluetooth tethering option.
    Although the PB pick up the hotspot - you are unable to browse while if you try to complete the tether option (select carrier) the PB comesback with a message that it cannot see the device (SG2). I now have the conundrum of deciding if I should ditch the PB or replace the SG2 with the 9900 when it is released.
    08-01-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD