Ok. I must have missed something. 2% is considered high?
    Analysts had speculated that it was as high as 16% vs 2% for the iPad which caused all the headlines but Samsung corrected them and said that the actual return rate is 2%
    02-03-11 04:32 PM
    And I have a feeling the Storm 1 return rate was 70% plus. The Torch, a lot lower, maybe closer to 10%. The Curve 8520, about 0.5%.
    02-03-11 04:47 PM
    2% is pretty low i think in the world on electronics. anything under 10% is generally acceptable

edit: the storm actually sold extremely well and even its return rate wasnt that bad.
    02-03-11 05:08 PM
    Ok that makes sense. RIM is a Canadian company. I see a few BB commercials here.

As for the MSNBC.com you're probably seeing that ad because of cookies and your web browsing.

That iPad and piano music is going to drive me nuts
    I saw Blackberry quite prominently during the World Series, behind the umpire and some trivia spots between innings. That's what makes me think there's bound to be something at the Super Bowl. And if they hit with Black-Eyed Peas "I've got a feeling..." that will do wonders to knock the Schroeder wannabee piano man on the iPad commercial out of my head; ENOUGH already! We get it, you can squeeze a few notes out of the bugger!
    02-03-11 09:27 PM
    We get it, you can squeeze a few notes out of the bugger!
    i know they've "remixed" the tune 3 times, i mean sure it's catchy but too much now
    02-03-11 09:33 PM
    I don't know. It's been said that RIM hasn't bought any ad space. We'll see but without an ad very few may know what the device is.

Chad 'Ochocinco' Johnson is at the SB. Him and his crew are really putting the Xoom out there. Moto is going to have an ad also. I think if the BEP does show the PB it's not much they can really say or do to put it out there, also it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to shout it out that it wouldn't get bleeped out during the 7 second delay. They may be like no free promo's with out $$$

https://supportforums.motorola.com/c.../funstuff/ocnn ( i had to press No to get it to stream)
    02-03-11 09:37 PM
    i know they've "remixed" the tune 3 times, i mean sure it's catchy but too much now
    That commerical is annonying.
    02-03-11 09:39 PM
    That commerical is annonying.
    very true. the only part i like is end of the one where they plug a guitar into it and play the tune, that's kinda cool
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-03-11 09:41 PM
    I didn't start to see tons of ipad commericals until late last year. I think Apple is doing what they need to do to keep the ipad out in front and to keep people from considering other tablets
    02-03-11 09:44 PM
    I didn't start to see tons of ipad commericals until late last year. I think Apple is doing what they need to do to keep the ipad out in front and to keep people from considering other tablets
    and RIM needs to be COUNTERING that with PB commercials (hey mike and jim, i know you read this take the hint~ future playbook owner)
    02-03-11 09:51 PM
    Wouldn't hurt to start putting some ad's out in mags, saying coming soon or something.

I know when Verizon/Moto was about to release the Droid all I saw were teaser commercials for it way before it was released.

Watching Fairly Legal and guess what tablet they called by name and showed? That's right the iPad.
    Last edited by Daps; 02-03-11 at 10:01 PM.
    02-03-11 09:57 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD