Today I went to Futureshop to see if they have the wireless keyboard/trackpad for sale yet and was very happy to see they had large special display complete with a cardboard advert at the top only for about PlayBook. They had three PlayBook running in demo mode again with colorful OS 2.0 single page brochures sitting right beside them. Underneath they had 32 GB and 16 GB PlayBook in the glass case.

It looked so great with the Playbook boxes visible from the glass case that I was tempted momentarily to buy a second Playbook.
    Last edited by BlackberryOS2PB; 04-06-12 at 08:57 PM.
    04-06-12 08:55 PM
    Very nice. It sounds so much hard better than the crap displays of the past.

What FS was this?
    BlackberryOS2PB likes this.
    04-06-12 08:59 PM
    Very nice. It sounds so much hard better than the crap displays of the past.

What FS was this?
    It was in Calgary NW by Stoney trail. It was great to see PB to be at the forefront in their tablet department.
    04-06-12 09:15 PM
    I too was very surprised at the Playbook display at a Best Buy(canada) the other day. Two playbooks were working(wow) and one was running the demo video. Seems like a concerted effort(in Canada anyway).
    BlackberryOS2PB likes this.
    04-06-12 09:17 PM
    Today I went to Futureshop to see if they have the wireless keyboard/trackpad for sale yet and was very happy to see they had large special display complete with a cardboard advert at the top only for about PlayBook. They had three PlayBook running in demo mode again with colorful OS 2.0 single page brochures sitting right beside them. Underneath they had 32 GB and 16 GB PlayBook in the glass case.

It looked so great with the Playbook boxes visible from the glass case that I was tempted momentarily to buy a second Playbook.
    Great to see the retailers in Canada doing a great job. Can our American friends tell us how Best Buys USA, Staples USA, Radio Shack and Office Depot are treating the PB in their nation? Staples Canada is still showing the love but I heard Staples USA does not have in store display? Confirmation or updates anyone?
    04-07-12 08:12 AM
    Seeing so many negative comments on here regarding Best Buys/Future Shop/Staples, I'm really surprised by this news, good to see though! I'm going to have to check out my local stores and see if they've picked up their game.
    04-07-12 08:18 AM
    Great to see the retailers in Canada doing a great job. Can our American friends tell us how Best Buys USA, Staples USA, Radio Shack and Office Depot are treating the PB in their nation? Staples Canada is still showing the love but I heard Staples USA does not have in store display? Confirmation or updates anyone?
    I was at radio shack in Buffalo about a month ago looking to buy a car charger for my PB. We took my wife's car down and I had forgotten mine at home, with the heavy use that day I want to make sure I could charge and continue to use it on the way home. But I digress.

I have to say the store Rep was great, but they didn't have any playbooks displayed, nor for sale. They had a couple androids and the ipads, but no special displays for either option. Because they didn't sell any PB's that meant no charges for me. The rep did do a little quick research and was able to, with an adaptor, plug my PB into a charger he had in the store. While i waited for my PB to top up its charge we got talking about the PB and BB in general. He wasn't aware of any of it features, but that it look like a nice little tablet, thought the bridge was a great idea. He admitted that they where pushing the andriods both for tablets and phones.

I'd be curious to hear about Best Buys.
    04-07-12 08:56 AM
    London Drugs also does a great job with their Playbooks displays. They are packed full of accessories.
    04-07-12 12:22 PM
    This is great to hear!

One of things that annoy me the most is the lack of point-of-sale marketing by RIM. They have a great Playbook, but it is really hard to find a working model in a store. I really, really hope that this is a long-term change because I am convinced it will help them a lot.
    04-07-12 12:34 PM
    Yes... Good post.
    Both the Futureshop and Bestbuy stores near me in the burbs of Vancouver have excellent PB displays now. Every time I go in the PBs are running well with people using them and asking about them. Last time I was there a lady picked up two.
    04-07-12 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD