I have both a Playbook and New Surface 2 both 64 gig. I do like both but find the PB slowly losing out! I have had mine from day 1 of release and it has been a tank (and still is). The surface is very versatile, smooth, fast, SD Card, Office, it all works but its Money money money! I wish BB would do a newer PB10. I'd own it in a heartbeat. But you have a choice to make, buy what you need, and what you need it for. Go play with each device and find the one that makes YOU happy!
    12-19-13 08:26 PM
    maybe its similar to the future of RIM?
    StanWiz and M132 like this.
    12-19-13 08:40 PM
    maybe its similar to the future of RIM?
    Hahah - dead on. Why would anyone buy one of their products, based on their record of course, is beyond comprehension. Lol.
    12-19-13 09:03 PM
    Been noticing several people with battery issues. Even if you get a new PlayBook, it might have been assembled well over a year ago or longer. Spend a little more now for a device that will see updates and newer apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:12 PM
    Been noticing several people with battery issues. Even if you get a new PlayBook, it might have been assembled well over a year ago or longer. Spend a little more now for a device that will see updates and newer apps.

Posted via CB10
    In many cases people who report battery issues with the PB have not recharged at proper intervals and have allowed excessive drain on the battery. Most people have had reasonable battery service particularly if they use the rapid travel charger and Battery Guru. But if you buy any tablet it would seem to be a good idea to have a reasonable warranty. And if you want to see updates in the Android world buy a Nexus or one that can be rooted and have the latest updates loaded that way. But think about what you want to do and don't expect to get Skype and Netflix or an improved Android 4+ on the PB.
    12-20-13 12:03 AM
    The Playbook will fade away just like Blackberry. As units fail or users look to the next shiny thing the user base will continue to shrink. Somewhere somebody is dusting off a place for their Playbook that is right next to their PalmOS phone.
    12-20-13 10:58 AM
    OS10 is not compatible.

The PlayBook (PB) OS has been updated once,but doesn't seem to be further developed.
    There are some good apps in BB-World for it, sideloading works for very few Android Apps. I found a Kindle .BAR file, so I am using the Playbook as:
    - Backup flash memory
    - Digital picture frame
    - To surf the web when in bed
    - Videos
    - To read some kindle eBooks in color (didn't work for the latest Asterix)
    - Outlook mail account integrated via WiFi.

The so said emproved "Bridge" works only fine with the Bold (OS7.1) but not with my Q10!

What do you want to use the Tablet for? PB users could write if the desired task is available!?

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    incorrect,,, pb has been updated several times,,, most recently in Sept,,, & if your using a bbos device, the bridge function is priceless...
    12-20-13 11:09 AM
    The pb has no future except the recycle bin when the battery dies for good.
    12-20-13 11:33 AM
    The pb has no future except the recycle bin when the battery dies for good.
    for you perhaps,butthere would be some maintenance releases, still. Just no major OS updates.
    12-20-13 12:18 PM
    for you perhaps,butthere would be some maintenance releases, still. Just no major OS updates.
    I'll believe that when my PB alerts me for one.
    12-20-13 12:48 PM
    You have to believe in the Chenfairy.

He'll get right on the playbook.....as soon as he figures out how to stop bleeding billions on the software of the future that can't run on playbook.

Have faith.....give it a decade or so and put your playbook under your pillow
    12-20-13 01:47 PM
    Well, I use my PB daily. I'm typing this on it now. I have the functionality I need now with the Bridge since it has been update for BB10 (text, email). I read books on it all the time. I am not into gaming so that isn't an issue. Use the Facebook app, weather app, and used the camera and video extensively on vacation.
    I have the 16GB version, so do have to "clean up" photos and such occasionally.
    I refuse to own any iwhatever product, and don't see the need to upgrade to anything else while this suits my needs.
    Oh, I also use it as my bedside clock and alarm in a docking charger. I have never had any issue with the battery.
    oilgeo10 likes this.
    12-20-13 02:33 PM
    it was only back in sept. when we got one,,, have some faith, man,,, i know it ain't ez,,, i'm a digruntled pb guy, too, ya know...
    Cynycl likes this.
    12-20-13 03:09 PM
    I would like to know I can get a year or two out of it before having to replace it with something that's still supported.
    as long a RIM doesn't go bust then there should always be basic support and as for lifespan then it's just down to how it fits in with your other stuff.

whatever happens it's still a better experience than a netbook.
    12-20-13 05:55 PM
    What are all these talks of Blackberry going bust? I. The short time since John Chen has taken over as CEO the share prices have went from like 4 bucks a share to 7 something this morning.

Not only does Bbry have what 3 billion in cash they just received another 1 billion investment.

As for the playbook, hold that thought. Before I even say anything about the playbook I used to have one and I loved it, but for as much as I did love it and as much as I touted how awesome it was there was always a nagging feeling knowing I could never have the App my friends had on Android or ios (although I'm fundamentally against apple) and while I made a thread here on crackberry saying the playbook was ahead of its time it most definitely is showing Its age.

When buying a product you should not only think of how it suits your needs now, but how it could also accommodate any possible future needs.

I'd have to recommend the Samsung galaxy tab 3 7 (although I also dislike Samsung touch wiz) or other such small very capable tablets such as the hisense sero 7 pro, or the original nexus 7 if price is an issue.

I have a 32 gig nexus 7 2013 that I got for the price of the 16 gig a few weeks before Christmas and I couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-21-13 07:33 AM
    What are all these talks of Blackberry going bust? I. The short time since John Chen has taken over as CEO the share prices have went from like 4 bucks a share to 7 something this morning.

Not only does Bbry have what 3 billion in cash they just received another 1 billion investment.

As for the playbook, hold that thought. Before I even say anything about the playbook I used to have one and I loved it, but for as much as I did love it and as much as I touted how awesome it was there was always a nagging feeling knowing I could never have the App my friends had on Android or ios (although I'm fundamentally against apple) and while I made a thread here on crackberry saying the playbook was ahead of its time it most definitely is showing Its age.

When buying a product you should not only think of how it suits your needs now, but how it could also accommodate any possible future needs.

I'd have to recommend the Samsung galaxy tab 3 7 (although I also dislike Samsung touch wiz) or other such small very capable tablets such as the hisense sero 7 pro, or the original nexus 7 if price is an issue.

I have a 32 gig nexus 7 2013 that I got for the price of the 16 gig a few weeks before Christmas and I couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps

the 3B+ includes the 1B they bummed from Fairfax...
    12-21-13 07:54 AM
    the 3B+ includes the 1B they bummed from Fairfax...
    Oh my bad. But it does look like under Chen the stock is rising nicely. Albeit stock can never rise fast enough lol.

SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-21-13 07:56 AM

Hope this helps

Actually if you are looking for a not so horrible tablet, I would really point to the panasonic that engadget had in review.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    12-21-13 07:58 AM
    Actually if you are looking for a not so horrible tablet, I would really point to the panasonic that engadget had in review.
    those things cost as much as a car,,, & ironically, run on 1GB ram...
    12-21-13 08:08 AM
    those things cost as much as a car,,, & ironically, run on 1GB ram...
    Who in their right state of mind will spend a lot of money for a 21 inch tablet... I mean, damn... It's like having you a computer monitor as a tablet.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-21-13 08:47 AM
    Who in their right state of mind will spend a lot of money for a 21 inch tablet... I mean, damn... It's like having you a computer monitor as a tablet.
    yeah, but they also have 7" & 10" variants,,, it's the "toughbook" line,,, they run $1200-6k/u.s.... i used to jam w/ u guy that worked @ one of their distributing warehouses,,, they were lying around everywhere,,, man, it was tempting, but security is a b!tch...
    12-21-13 09:22 AM
    if you only need it for some videos, news, books, net info, and something like those, i believe PB is enough. i'm doing the same thing. updating or further developing or not is not the issue, to me, the needs are the key.

FYI.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-21-13 10:09 AM
    Oh my bad. But it does look like under Chen the stock is rising nicely. Albeit stock can never rise fast enough lol.

The shorter have been covering their losses, nothing more nothing less.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-22-13 05:20 PM
48 12