Apparently we are supposed to have this now.

I have yahoo running in native messages. I can,t get notes to file in folders, nor can I open the folders. I do see the folder names, but they won,t open.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    10-03-12 10:17 PM
    I just tried setting up one of my Yahoo accounts. Folders and their contents (well the last 30-days) are showing up fine. I would try deleting the account and re-adding it. Make sure you use a custom IMAP setup with imap.mail.yahoo.com as the IMAP server and smpt.mail.yahoo.com as the SMTP server.

The only folder that I can't see is the SPAM folder. Anyone know how to make it visible?
    Zildjian71 and BlazorBoy like this.
    10-03-12 11:12 PM
    I don't have the spam folder either, also on my yahoo account has a custom created folder that does show up, but nothing shows inside, although there is about a 100 emails stored in there.
    10-03-12 11:25 PM
    I'm getting the spam folder. I wasn't at first. I think by default it doesn't sync. So select toggle sync on a folder by folder basis on those that you want to sync and those you don't want to sync.
    10-03-12 11:29 PM
    I don't think its the pb native messeges, since all other account work fine, I been getting this for a while now. try deleting and adding again and work for about a week the most then it asks u again for the imap server password wich is the same from your normal password if u set up the account yourself. if u were given that account i belive it is different so u have to contact whoever gave u that account.
    usedberry likes this.
    10-03-12 11:35 PM
    I just tried setting up one of my Yahoo accounts. Folders and their contents (well the last 30-days) are showing up fine. I would try deleting the account and re-adding it. Make sure you use a custom IMAP setup with imap.mail.yahoo.com as the IMAP server and smpt.mail.yahoo.com as the SMTP server.

The only folder that I can't see is the SPAM folder. Anyone know how to make it visible?
    Zavar, thankyou, I deleted the yahoo account and reinstalled as you suggested. I can see all my folders, but they will not open.
    10-03-12 11:38 PM
    Zavar, thankyou, I deleted the yahoo account and reinstalled as you suggested. I can see all my folders, but they will not open.
    Does the little toggle switch show at the bottom of each folder? Before i toggled that switch "on", my Sent folder was empty. After i toggled it on the folder populated with all of the email I had sent from my phone on the same account. The new user's manual for OS2.1 explained it somewhat.
    10-04-12 01:23 AM
    I believe sync has to be set for each folder individually. My understanding is that even with sync enabled at the folder level, only emails newer than your message sync timeframe will be accessible.
    10-04-12 08:05 AM
    See the section on troubleshooting email in the online 2.1 manual. You have to change each folder so that it shows the two semi circular arrows when you look in the folder structure.

Link to new manual in my sig.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    10-04-12 08:18 AM
    Seems to be working well with Gmail
    10-04-12 08:37 AM
    Still no messages older than 30 days in sub folders. Just awful.

RIM=FAIL!
    CairnsRock likes this.
    10-04-12 09:10 AM

RIM=FAIL!
    10-04-12 09:11 AM
    One thing that I found is that, if you have more than one email account, you need to select the individual account in order to see the files and contents.
    10-04-12 09:46 AM

RIM=FAIL!

I have to agree with you there.
    10-04-12 10:07 AM
    Big thanks guys. I have it now.

No content in folders older than 30 days? They MUST be joking.

Then PlayBook still does not have functioning native email. A business can't be run using this email solution and accessing yahoo on the browser sucks.

Oh, poor old RIM.
    10-04-12 04:22 PM
    I can never seem to get my work imap email to function properly even after the 2.1 update. It continues to display my emails as unread after each sync interval. I gave up on it a while ago, I installed Kaiten mail (android app). It works well.
    10-05-12 08:15 AM
    Is there anyway to not show what is in some folders when using All Accounts option? I dont want the emails in my sent folder displaying when I select All Accounts in the native email app.
    I only want the emails in my inbox for the 3 email account I have set up.
    10-05-12 09:37 AM
    Is there anyway to not show what is in some folders when using All Accounts option? I dont want the emails in my sent folder displaying when I select All Accounts in the native email app.
    I only want the emails in my inbox for the 3 email account I have set up.
    See my response in the thread you started.
    10-05-12 10:29 AM
    since Yahoo required that new passwords be selected for all email accounts as well as special passwords for devices my email totally stopped working in my Playbook and none of the techs nor I can get it setup in POP or IMAP, can anyone help?
    11-26-17 01:37 PM
    See my post at the end of this thread- https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...lient-1115688/
    11-28-17 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD