Here�s the deal, I use my playbook in 2 languages, French and English.
    I have no problems switching between the languages, it�s more about the keyboard.
    In English it�s QWERTY and in French it�s AZERTY. Is there a way that I can switch to French while keeping the QWERTY keyboard???
    01-16-13 01:47 PM
    Bonjour,

Je suis localis� � Brossard avec un PlayBook. Concernant les accents, vous �tes familier que pesser sur la lettre quelques secondes, les accents paraissent. Exemple -- la lettre e devient �, �, � et � Keyboad type: Automatic avec le clavier virtuel sur le Playbook.

rarsen
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-16-13 02:00 PM
    Well it looks like I'm the only one with this problem...
    01-16-13 10:49 PM
    Might have something to do with the setup, perhaps the country or region settings or something like that. I don't get any keyboard change when I switch to the French language. I still have the QWERTY keyboard.

I think during the initial setup, I had specified being in Canada which essentially has a QWERTY keyboard for both Canadian French and International keyboards.
    01-17-13 10:53 PM
    I think you have French-France selected. As above said you should select French-Canada.
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-18-13 12:14 AM
    Yes, changes can be made in the settings menu (pretty far down the list, you have to scroll down a bit), you can specify both the default language and country. Flip the default language to French and see what country pops up. If it is something like France or Belgium, change it to Canada. The keyboard will then be QWERTY when French is selected in the keyboard popup menu.
    zzzdamian likes this.
    01-24-13 09:34 PM