Just overheard a discussion in Currys UK between staff and a customer that they were giving the PB free with any contract on a new BB. I don't know if this has been told before in the forum but I was wondering if someone else has heard it (and confirm it). I find it a good way to get people to know RIM's devices and the ecosystem.
    10-07-12 12:26 PM
    considering the 64gb pb is only 129 in currys, the contract better be amazingly cheap to make this a worthwhile 'gift'. either that, or it's another cynical mobile contract offer that screws people over.
    10-07-12 12:37 PM
    considering the 64gb pb is only 129 in currys, the contract better be amazingly cheap to make this a worthwhile 'gift'. either that, or it's another cynical mobile contract offer that screws people over.
    Hi troll, obviously you have never owned a playbook. I bought my 64 gig at over 700 dollars and I regret nothing. It was one of the best things I have ever purchased, so please just stop, k?

Op that sounds like a great deal thanks for the heads up.
    10-07-12 03:10 PM
    You could give me two PlayBook's for free and I still wouldn't sign a contract for a BBOS phone. BB10 is the way to go.
    10-07-12 03:10 PM
    You could give me two PlayBook's for free and I still wouldn't sign a contract for a BBOS phone. BB10 is the way to go.
    Ya but you will be able to get bb10 on the playbook when it arrives, but I see your point.
    10-07-12 03:20 PM
    Hi troll, obviously you have never owned a playbook. I bought my 64 gig at over 700 dollars and I regret nothing. It was one of the best things I have ever purchased, so please just stop, k?

Op that sounds like a great deal thanks for the heads up.
    I own a pb, and I'm in the uk where the 64gb pb is currently retailing from that vendor at 129gbp (not 700usd or cnd). the context between dollar and pound locations is quite different regarding mobile/cell contracts. the fact is, a free pb in the uk is not a great offer if you also get an 18month old handset and one of the many , very poor 30-40gbp p/m with very few minutes, small amounts of data, but unlimited texts(!) over 2 year contracts that are readily sold here.

btw, my brief time on this site has me wondering "why the hostility towqrds anyone with less than a fan attitude?" my pfeference is toward android, but I do my best to be fair toward this massively flawed gem despite its best efforts to thwart me. maybe I should engage with the accusatory nature of your post? or think, as they say in parts of the uk, "get tae Fife" and ignore. either way, meh!

@op, I hope you take my comments in the way I intend.
    10-07-12 03:35 PM
    I own a pb, and I'm in the uk where the 64gb pb is currently retailing from that vendor at 129gbp (not 700usd or cnd). the context between dollar and pound locations is quite different regarding mobile/cell contracts. the fact is, a free pb in the uk is not a great offer if you also get an 18month old handset and one of the many , very poor 30-40gbp p/m with very few minutes, small amounts of data, but unlimited texts(!) over 2 year contracts that are readily sold here.

btw, my brief time on this site has me wondering "why the hostility towqrds anyone with less than a fan attitude?" my pfeference is toward android, but I do my best to be fair toward this massively flawed gem despite its best efforts to thwart me. maybe I should engage with the accusatory nature of your post? or think, as they say in parts of the uk, "get tae Fife" and ignore. either way, meh!

ok dude I get it, sorry I snapped at you like that, I was fighting with people you described me as all day and you are right. People get offended on this site WAY to easily. My apologies

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    10-07-12 04:39 PM
    That seems a bit strange! Currys do not sell contract Blackberry's ( or any other mobile) So how can the give one away free with a Blackberry Contract?
    10-07-12 04:39 PM
    No worries, I was not offended and I have done my fair on criticizing RIM in other threads.

That seems a bit strange! Currys do not sell contract Blackberry's ( or any other mobile) So how can the give one away free with a Blackberry Contract?
    Currys DO sell mobile phones (you can easily find some in their website. I think what the staff was saying to the customer was that he could buy any blackberry and get a free PB and then go to any provider to set up a contract.
    10-07-12 05:46 PM
    PB is too inexpensive to be on any contract for. I understand this is for the cellular model, but it's just not worth locking to contract for. If the cell companies want to get the business they need to let customers provide their own PB and not bother with any penalties or people will just skip the idea entirely.
    10-07-12 06:01 PM