I'm running the newest OS and although the option to open the last tab is helpfulI've been experiencing browser crashes like nobody's business.

Any reason why?

I'm running 3 tabs and switching them - true multi-tasking

Is the Playbook essentially running out of memory and deciding to close the browser to free some up...I would think this would be the most logical explanation. I think RIM should address it, if its becoming a resource hog.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 11:03 AM
    Are you using the BB Bridge Browser?
    07-22-11 11:13 AM
    No, just the regular browser connected to my house wifi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 11:16 AM
    I'm having the same problem here bud. I've had the playbook and blackberry 9300 for less than a week now. I'm connected to wifi at home and I use my playbook everyday since i don't have a computer and I would say the browser force closes over 20 times a day, now thats annoying. Not only does my browser close but other apps aswell.

I'm also having problems with using the playbook in portrait mode, using my bluetooth stereo headset and bbm and bridge files dont work properly when bridged to my blackberry 9300

Blackberry needs to pull up their socks and fix all these issues, which is sad because the playbook has been out for a long time now and I couldn't imagine anyone being completely satisfied with playbook for a long time.

Shame that this is supposed to be one of the most powerful tablets while it still lacks in great user performance and great apps the two basic things we need out of a tablet. Hopefully when google brings their apps over to rim in Feb. most bugs will be gone.
    12-20-11 08:17 AM
    I'm having the same problem here bud. I've had the playbook and blackberry 9300 for less than a week now. I'm connected to wifi at home and I use my playbook everyday since i don't have a computer and I would say the browser force closes over 20 times a day, now thats annoying. Not only does my browser close but other apps aswell.

I'm also having problems with using the playbook in portrait mode, using my bluetooth stereo headset and bbm and bridge files dont work properly when bridged to my blackberry 9300

Blackberry needs to pull up their socks and fix all these issues, which is sad because the playbook has been out for a long time now and I couldn't imagine anyone being completely satisfied with playbook for a long time.

Shame that this is supposed to be one of the most powerful tablets while it still lacks in great user performance and great apps the two basic things we need out of a tablet. Hopefully when google brings their apps over to rim in Feb. most bugs will be gone.
    Welcome to the forum but I really don't think that your experience is typical. Your choice of title for your post is quite interesting. I fear that you that you are attempting to mislead me and make me uncertain about my decision to develop apps for the PlayBook. I doubt that you have succeeded.
    Chaddface and alnamvet68 like this.
    12-20-11 09:37 AM
    I have noticed my browser suddenly quitting from time to time, i thought it was just me.
    12-20-11 10:50 AM

Well, for a first post, I have to ask, why is the Playbook garbage, and why haven't you just returned it. I seriously doubt you'll change your thinking even if the good folks here give you all you need to fix your issues.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-20-11 at 04:17 PM.
    12-20-11 11:37 AM
    hey - i would suggest a RESTART of the playbook. My browser closes randomly on me too sometimes too.

If a simple restart doesnt work, you may need to do a security wipe. I would just suggest returning or exchanging your pb for another one. (yeah its a tedious process, but worth it when you don`t have your browser crash on you all the time)
    welcome officially to CRACKBERRY.

you dont need to listen to other people who put you down for complaining - they are just bitter.

gluck!
    12-20-11 11:45 AM
    You mentioned that you have 3 tabs open. My question would be what are you doing in the 3 windows? Are you streaming video, downloading a big file, watching TV/movie, or just surfing the web? The reason I ask is downloading and streaming use a lot of resources. I have had up to 6 windows open at any one time surfing the internet while running Slacker radio in the back round and not have a problem. But if I add downloading a big file into the mix it can bog down.
    It could also be your WiFi bogging down causing signal lost.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 12-20-11 at 03:00 PM.
    patpatiar and hpjrt like this.
    12-20-11 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD