What has been you experiences flying with your PB? Any issues going through security? Will PB work with airline provided in flight WiFi systems?
    01-04-12 08:36 AM
    I took mine to vegas a few months ago, worked great. No issues with security, and wifi worked ok, it was more of an issue with the wifi not the playbook.

Enjoy..
    01-04-12 08:44 AM
    I flew with mine the day after I got it. No problems through security at all; just took it out of my bag and put it in its own little tray for scanning. Flights without wifi will require airplane mode though I've not yet been on a flight with wifi this year.

Safe flying!
    01-04-12 08:45 AM
    No problems with Airport Security when I traveled with it. Didn't get to try wifi because the airlines I use don't offer wifi while in flight. I'd have to say I enjoy reviewing my files and presentations on it, and sometimes even watching movies I load onto it, while in flight. The size is just great for those cramped spaces on Economy. Of course, if you're flying Business/1st Class, it would matter less. Anyhow, I just love bringing this baby on those long flights.
    Hope this helps with your concern.
    01-04-12 08:52 AM
    When I went to DevCon I had no issues with security. Had to remove my laptop from the bag, but they ignored both PlayBooks.

I didn't have any plane WiFi to test with. It worked nicely with the GPS tracking my location all through the flight though...
    01-04-12 08:57 AM
    What has been you experiences flying with your PB? Any issues going through security? Will PB work with airline provided in flight WiFi systems?
    I just went through security twice... they didnt even notice I had a playbook.
    I had a laptop as a backup. THAT had to be taken out and out in a separate tray. Playbook? What playbook?

It was in a convertible case just looked like a journal.

Thats what I love about playbook, hardly noticeable. I can even take creepy videos with it and nobody is the wiser
    01-04-12 09:01 AM
    Tried mine on Delta's gogo inflight wifi a few months back and it worked fine. In fact, I had my 9700 connected to the wifi and the PB connected to the 9700 via bridge. So I had internet on both devices at the same time for the price of one!
    Last edited by gjoseph14; 01-04-12 at 09:38 AM.
    01-04-12 09:14 AM
    My playbook worked fine when I flew to the west coast a few weeks ago. Wifi worked great and my PB was a lot easier to handle than my seat mate's 17 inch macbook pro. Getting through security was a breeze as most airports no longer require any tablet computer to be removed from luggage and placed in its own tray. Though I understand there are occasionally some exceptions.
    01-04-12 09:28 AM
    I just checked in for the flight a few minutes back, went through security.... the laptop the same old story in its separate tray, but unlike BJs experience above the security did recognize that the PB was a tablet although I do have it in the Bluerex journal case and said ' you dont need your tablet out, can go in your backpack'.
    So, tablets are not yet hassle to travel with.... good for us

P.S. Between I am typing this message from the airport waiting to board, PB-bridge... what a combo
    Last edited by anindoc; 01-04-12 at 09:36 AM.
    01-04-12 09:33 AM
    No problems here either. Enjoyed the luxury of PlayBook portability .
    01-04-12 09:37 AM
    I travel with it quite a bit. I've stopped even taking it out of the backpack since I've been told a few times tablets don't have to come out. Never been a hassle.
    01-04-12 09:40 AM
    Flown with mine a ton. Never comes out of my laptop bag during security. Can't speak to the inflight wifi as I have not flown with that service.

Would not fly without it!
    01-04-12 10:21 AM
    Mine was in my backpack. My hip gets more scrutiny!

The otterbox easel is perfect on the seat-tray for movie watching.
    01-04-12 10:41 AM
    Mine was in my backpack. My hip gets more scrutiny!

The otterbox easel is perfect on the seat-tray for movie watching.
    Totally agree with you, F2!!!
    01-04-12 10:56 AM
    Wait... What!?? You guys put your PB away?
    stevedee likes this.
    01-04-12 11:32 AM
    i prefer flight mode ON.
    01-04-12 11:36 AM
    Here is a link of a video that Kevin posted showing him connecting to in flight wi-fi.

01-04-12 11:59 AM
    Traveled to Hawaii, Minnesota and Texas last year and kept my Playbook in my backpack: no problems whatsoever. Used wifi when it was free, bridged when it wasn't, and had movies downloaded that my wife and I watched in the airport and during the flight (w/headphone splitter). We also played a game or two. DO NOT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-04-12 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD