As a new owner of a BB Playbook, I have surprised by one bonus use �*as a portable media device for streaming video, especially sports. As a huge cricket and football supporter, I am very pleased how well both willow.tv (cricket) and ESPN3 (football) play streaming video. However, I was shocked to see how poor foxsoccer.tv played video, especially since it has the best looking stream on any other device. Even NHL Gamecenter looks brilliant through the browser.

Is there a way to optimize Flash on the BB?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
    11-26-11 02:26 PM
    I don't think they give end users access to any Flash settings. At least, I haven't seen any. I would suggest trying the Desktop Browser in this thread here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...u-have-663236/

You have to sideload it, but it's a pretty simple process. Some sites work better with it for me, maybe your site will too.
    11-26-11 02:51 PM
    Some sites work better with it for me, maybe your site will too.
    Thanks, ScionicMan, but unfortunately it did not work well. I tried all the browsers and the stream still stutters ridiculously. It's got me scratching my head, and I would love to hear if any other flash-based site perform in the manner that foxsoccer.tv does.

What confuses me even more is that ESPN3 is usually the most sluggish on mobile browsers (I have tested it on Android with an HTC Flyer and on WebOS on a TouchPad, but both were unwatchable). However, on the BB Playbook, ESPN3 plays wonderfully. Watched most of the ManU-Newcastle match on Saturday via the PB.

If I could just figure out the Foxsoccer.tv conundrum...

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers.
    11-28-11 03:38 PM
    hackett where did you find a stream for tht match I looked everywhere and all the links i found lagged horribly.
    11-28-11 04:39 PM
    hackett where did you find a stream for tht match I looked everywhere and all the links i found lagged horribly.
    Which match are you referring to? The ManU match was through ESPN3. All other matches are through foxsoccer.tv, which is the site I cannot get to work on the PB. The video quality is okay; however, the picture stutters every other second.
    11-29-11 10:22 AM
    Which match are you referring to? The ManU match was through ESPN3. All other matches are through foxsoccer.tv, which is the site I cannot get to work on the PB. The video quality is okay; however, the picture stutters every other second.
    Was this free? ESPN3 might just become a favourite for me, if so.
    11-29-11 10:26 AM
    Was this free? ESPN3 might just become a favourite for me, if so.
    Yes it is free. I streamed some football game that weren't being shown on tv to my tv with an hdmi cable and it was great.
    11-29-11 10:46 AM
    Great site for sports on the playbook. Many links for each game and have always found one that works on my playbook.

FirstRow Free Live Sports Streams on your PC, Live Football Stream, Myp2p, Live MLB, Live NBA, Live NHL and more...
    11-29-11 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD